Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

To me it looks like an Edge with mill work, a better finish, and a soldering iron gone wild. You could probably upgrade an Edge that fits the shooter better and be money ahead if you want to go the sti way.

Rich

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the DVC standard pistol in general with its features... Im not however a fan of those grips though usable, are not appealing to the eye.

On another note, and I feel like rookie here as I may have missed something but so why is the gold finish on the barrel ever so popular?

The gold finish is TiN coating, which is a very hard, durable finish commonly used on machine tools. Theoretically, it's supposed to make the barrel last longer by reducing surface wear. And like the slide cuts, a lot of people think it looks cool.

Boy, that seems like a decent value at $2600

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE SEND IN THE PAPERWORK TO MA IT EXEMPT FROM MASSACHUSETTS AG FIREARM testing!!!

If any from STI reads this, like I've emailed many times, you could easily sell this pistol in Mass by filling out a form and paying a small fee ($100?) To be filed as a "competition only" handgun (exempt from safety testing )

Edited by xxDRBxx

There will always be "Haters" regardless of what any product a company puts out.

I think that STI has a long proven track record of producing solid functional firearms that are competitive right out of the box. I also think that STI goes above and beyond in supporting the practical shooting sports by sponsoring many matches every year. I don't know the total $$$ they invest in match sponsorships but it has to be SIGNIFICANT from what I have seen at the matches I have attended.

These latest STI Competition blasters are a good addition to their product line and will also help shooters get a "taste" of a tricked out competition gun at a reasonable price. One major advantage that STI has here is that they will be able to get these bad boys out the door a lot faster than most custom 2011 gunsmiths. So if a shooter wants a competition biased 2011 at a reasonable price RIGHT NOW, this is a viable option verses waiting 6 month to a year wait for most custom 2011's to build. Not to mention tacking on at least an extra $1000 - $2000 on top of that for a fully custom blaster.

First off, let me wipe the drool off my chin.

These guns are gorgeous. Obviously, this is the end result of STI hiring experienced CNC machinists several months ago, to create a new weekend tour at their facility. Hopefully they can produce lots of these guns, to keep up with demand that is sure to come. And like said, waiting 2-3 months for one of these, beats waiting 6-8 months for a custom gun.