Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These have to be two of the sexiest guns STI has released in quite some time. I don't even shoot USPSA and I still want one of each!

Maybe it's time to start. LOL

I have a strange feeling I'm going to end up with a Limited.

I do love my Trubor to death, I mean I absolutely adore the thing, but when I recall what I paid for it versus what these cost, I wish I would have waited! The DVC seems like a helluva lot more gun for only a little more $.

I don't think SV has much to worry about

We`ll se if the fitting of these guns matches sv

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

OK, please stop.. we don't need to side-track into the depths that is the "comparing SV vs everything" threads.. I've seen enough of those on here..

Kudos to STI - those are great looking gats with some nice features at a really attractive price.

Hard to tell from the pics but on the open gun is that a Trubore type barrel with integrated compensator, bull barrel with threaded comp, or a threaded cone comp?

They look nice and the price is right. But it'll be interesting to see what the parts and workmanship are like. Also, I haven't built a 5" Limited gun in a while. 5.4" and 6" are pretty much standard these days.

it's a step closer, though just 4 calibers in two models. given the choices, I would say with confidence that these new guns will sell to guys considering sv. will it put them out of business? No!

Doubt that. People considering a $6000 pistol aren't suddenly going to decide to but a $3000 pistol. On their best day, STI is not going to build a comparable pistol to an SV or an Akai, Brazos, etc.

it's a step closer, though just 4 calibers in two models. given the choices, I would say with confidence that these new guns will sell to guys considering sv. will it put them out of business? No!

Doubt that. People considering a $6000 pistol aren't suddenly going to decide to but a $3000 pistol. On their best day, STI is not going to build a comparable pistol to an SV or an Akai, Brazos, etc.

I agree, they are two different markets.

When I was in the market for a 3 gun AR STI had one at a reasonable price, with some nice features, and more than acceptable performance. I would not have spent $3000 + on a JP etc but @$1100 it fit my need. I think these guns fit in the same spot. Not a stock edge, not a full on custom limited or open build but a gun someone can go compete with at a reasonable price. I think it is a good move for STI.

Hello: You guys have to remember STI builds a lot of guns in a year. I think they do a very good job and have quality products for the price point. Will these guns sell, sure they will. Will they win matches, sure they will. So a good looking gun at a good price, what else can you ask for? Damn, I'm almost talking myself into a new open gun--HeHe. Thanks, Eric

I do applaud STI for bringing a nicely enhanced model to market. I would just be a bit apprehensive with shooting 5" Limited in .40 at major or one of the new Open gun at Major. The slide may be a bit too lightened in the nose and I think you will see some slide cracking there. I know STI has a great warranty program, but it sucks when you get a new gun shoot a few matches and have to send it back. Hopefully I'm wrong. I do think the 5" in 9mm would make a kick ass 3 gun pistol though!