Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Calculator Tool

Flexmoney

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
How long does it usually take before the site has the new classifications?

Gabe,

Not sure that I understand what you are asking? The calculator at www.ohioUSPSA.com should have all the classifiers covered...if we have the data to base the calculator on.

If you come upon a calculation that doesn't seem right, or that we don't have data for, let us know...and, most important, when USPSA comes out with their monthly update (around the 15th of the month), send us the data on the classifier if we are missing it.

I have found the OH classifier calculator to be right on so far. Only problem I have run into is when they don't have enough info on file to calculate a %. That will problem will go away as more of the new classifiers are shot, I am sure.

My new classifier scores were posted today and the calculator was right on the money.  Right out to the ten thousandths place.

- Gabe

Im glad it was correct, at times it works out to be + or - .0001-2 which is close enough for me.

The Power factor and Muzzle energy calcs I have cut to 2 decimal places only which should be plenty good enough.

Does anyone pack their Palm devices around with them to matches? A lot more convenient than having to wait until you're home to check the classification.

I was sitting here brainstorming to put one together for all classes, similar as the one I currently have for production. Since I only shoot Production right now, there's not a huge motivation to create it for the other four classes.

This one written currently is for the older Palm OS (my PDA is a Handspring Visor, yes the origional one) using the Appforge Crossfire VB.NET addon.

If anyone wants the production one, PM me, you will need to install the Appforge Crossfire library onto your PDA but it should still deploy to the newer ones without issue.

...Now if I can just find a way around this trial version crap without throwing enough $ out the window in license fees to buy one of the Braznos blasters!

I've used a Pocket PC with Pocket Excel.. that works pretty well, but I haven't bothered to update my spreadsheet with the 03's yet. Too easy to hit the calculator tool directly from my internet-enabled cell phone :D

While that's all well and good, some ranges are out in the middle of nowhere with little or no cellular reception...thus rendering them only as an expensive calculator.

Looks like one could buy an older generation Palm/Handspring device for as little as $35-50, add a free piece of software and you've got a nice little tool for the match. No pencil to break or ink pen to leak all over your new Shooter's Connection range bag ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've used a Pocket PC with Pocket Excel.. that works pretty well, but I haven't bothered to update my spreadsheet with the 03's yet.  Too easy to hit the calculator tool directly from my internet-enabled cell phone :D

I have a pocket PC with Pocket Excel as well, do you have a spreadsheet with HHF that allows you to compare yourself on the fly, or is there a script that you use to make a calculation? Just curious, I would love to be able to have this in my pocket!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...