Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks to you, I got a Dillon

Thanks Brian and everyone here, I just ordered my 550B from Brian about 10 minutes ago. I'm sure I'll have questions once I receive it, but I appreciate this forum for all the information available.

Thanks Bob. I remember seeing your order as it came back from Dillon... It was all in stock and will be shipping right out. Even with the holiday, I'm betting you will receive it by mid-next week.

Outstanding! I did a lot of research and my choice of a 550 was made mostly from this forum. I spent the last year loading on a single stage to learn the craft. I have some good friends here where I live who helped me out since I was new to reloading, been shooting for many years but felt that loading my own was better for me. Looking forward to setting the press up and getting started. Thanks again

Thanks Brian and everyone here, I just ordered my 550B from Brian about 10 minutes ago. I'm sure I'll have questions once I receive it, but I appreciate this forum for all the information available.

Thanks Bob. I remember seeing your order as it came back from Dillon... It was all in stock and will be shipping right out. Even with the holiday, I'm betting you will receive it by mid-next week.

Brian, my 550 just arrived...now I have a problem. Do I go to the range, or do I set up the press? Thanks again for the great service.

The answer is ALWAYS to go to the range. (Unless you're out of ammo.... If out of ammo then setup the press. )

Edited by razorfish

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my 550 is working very nicely at this point, have made a few tweeks and small adjustments that were needed. Since I have another pistol in addition to my 9mm, and I simply cannot stop thinking about the other components sitting under my bench, plus the fact that my Colt hasn't been shot in months, I just had to order the Deeluxe conversion setup in 45ACP. After I placed the order with Brian at midnight CST, I was finally able to go to sleep. Thanks again Brian and the forum crew, you folks make it much easier to make decisions!

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I set up my press on 12/29/14. I have loaded 3000 rounds of 9mm as of today. I set up the dies, shell plate, primer system, and powder measure using the instructions from Dillon. I cleaned it up during set up with some alcohol per the sticky at the top o the page and put some 30wt oil on the ram, and made sure their was grease in the zerk etc. In those 3000 rounds, no primers have misfed, the shell plate has stayed adjusted, and the powder measure throws 5.7 grains 99% of the times I checked. Am I doing something wrong? :ph34r:

Edited by Terlingueno

• 10 months later...

Update: One year ago today, I started loading on my Dillon 550. In the last year, I have loaded 14,800 rounds of 9mm, using 12.68 pounds of Power Pistol. I have had a couple of minor glitches, learning the system and keeping it clean. Best decision I have made buying the Dillon. Thanks again to Brian and all here at the forum.