Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

to stipple or not to stipple

bceglinski

I stippled my Glock 34 because I got tired of re-applying the grip tape when it kept coming off. Everything would be fine for a while, but a combination of hot summer temps and trying to grip it super tight would cause the tape to start wrinkling then eventually peel. Got irritated with all that so broke out the soldering iron and did my own stipple. Just make sure you conform to whatever division rules might apply.

I had my Glock stippled by Glovkworx. If I had it to do over again, I would get the Dawson pre cut grip tape and call it a day. I put it on another Glock when my wife shot her first match. It was grippier than my stipple job, and I preferred it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grip tape is easy to change. Stippling is permanent. Just keep that in mind

Agree.

Gen3 in my opinion needs grip tape, it's cheap and easy... And not permenant. IMO, Gen4 doesn't need anything done to the surface.

My 1911, I use grip tape on the front strap. I think it's ugly, but it's cheap. I want to checker it at 20 LPI, but I'm afraid it may get "permenantly" ruined.

I used 3M grip tape from Home Depot and cut the strip sizes I needed to wrap strips about 1/2" wide put one under each finger around the grip leaving only back strap uncovered. I liked it allot and It never came off shot lots of matches

and had no issues I used some alcohol to clean the grip before taping. that way when you grip the gun your holding the tape tight to the frame unlike taping the sides only

I'm the guy that takes griptape on everything, I have I skateboard by the roll and I find i like both of them. Think about the time needed to clean up stippling after you have fallen in the mud instead of just peeling off of grip tape and starting over.

Dish washer.

Because Glock.

If you do your own work you can be specific on where and what you want to achieve. But the artistic part is only one side of the die. Understanding how the heat will effect the absorbing aspect of the polymer is a big one. You can turn a Glock feel into a kel tec if your not careful. Also lots of guys loose there drop free mag capability and that's no fun to remedy. You can take the spring out of a mag and put a couple damp paper towels up in there then freeze it. It's a great heat sink. Also too much heat on the opposite side of moving parts can create drag that was never there prior. If your in it to win it buy some cheap air pistols and practice and ask a bunch of people a ton of questions..until then tape it