Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 production help

clawson2011

Just ordered 2 CZ SP-01's from CajunGunworks. Besides a belt, Holster and 5 mag pouches what else do I need to get so the girls are all set up to play in production?

Dave said they are all set up with the pro package for production and I am setup to reload 9mm on my 650 just need to work up a load once I get the guns.

Looking for how many magazines I need to have for each. I am thinking 8 each should be sufficient all with springerprecision ez on/off base pads, thin AL grips and grip tape.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sounds like you have or will have everything you will need for production. I rotate through 7 mags all with +10% mag springs. Other than the +10% mag springs the only other thing I would add to your list is a boss holster/hanger. These are things that aren't necessary to get going but are nice to have IMHO.

Edited by MRevolutionIX

It sounds like you have more than enough to start competing. One thing you might look too is having some spare parts. Extractor and spring. maybe a firing pin, if you are reloading you need a tool you never want to use but need it anyway, a squib rod. just my opinion.. have fun

Thanks guys. I have "MY" Limited rig and have yet to get the holster and pouches but was gonna order the BOSS holster and the ghost 360 pouches.

have squib rods already, Knock on wood I have yet to have a lapse of concentration while loading but know it is just a matter of time.

Do the extractor and firing pin need to be fitted or is this something I can have one of in the bag for both guns and if one needs it just swap the new one in?

The base pads at Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop might be the best/easiest I have seen for CZ's

I have the Springers tho, I like them, but doing it over I'd get the ones on Ben's sight

I will have to message Ben then, part of going with springers is they come in raw AL and the girls want them anodized purple.

Edit.

Just read description on Ben's sight and says they don't fit box with sp-01 Mags.

Thanks for the help anyways

Edited by clawson2011

The base pads at Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop might be the best/easiest I have seen for CZ's

I have the Springers tho, I like them, but doing it over I'd get the ones on Ben's sight

I will have to message Ben then, part of going with springers is they come in raw AL and the girls want them anodized purple.

Understood, Ben's come in black, but just easier to disassemble and clean between stages

I think what he means is: I have a new extractor as a spare part from CZC, which is where I also bought my Shadow. I have the spare extractor just to have it with me at the range. All these spare parts are parts you hope you won't need while at a match.

8 mags is sufficient in my opinion. i liked the thin al grips with grip tape but when i switched to the VZ textured grips i like them much better.

Rowdy,

These are for my girlfriend and her friend to shoot so I will order a set of the VZ's also to let them try. Does the extractor need to be fitted like a 2011 extractor or are these drop in like my M&P?

what benefit are you guys getting from aftermarket basepads?

I was wondering the same. I know with the stock mags, people talked about the basepad shooting off while doing a reload. Does this happen with the Mec Gar 17 rounders? If so, then I might consider the basepads. If not, then I think I need primers more.

what benefit are you guys getting from aftermarket basepads?

I was wondering the same. I know with the stock mags, people talked about the basepad shooting off while doing a reload. Does this happen with the Mec Gar 17 rounders? If so, then I might consider the basepads. If not, then I think I need primers more.

I have mecgar's (mine are 12 round 40, but they appear to be identical to the 17-round 9 except for the location of the witness holes). I have never had a basepad come off or anything unusual happen. they are easy to remove for cleaning too, and since they're plastic, seem to be more durable when dropped onto a hard surface then the flimsy metal tabs on the oem 10-round 40 mags.

For myself the Springer base pads facilitate much more positive mag changes. You have some extra weight to help the mag drop free quicker and you have more real estate to grasp from your mag pouch.

I think what he means is: I have a new extractor as a spare part from CZC, which is where I also bought my Shadow. I have the spare extractor just to have it with me at the range. All these spare parts are parts you hope you won't need while at a match.

The MecGar 17 round magazines (blued) or the CZ Custom/Automatic Accuracy CZ version (nickel) are very nice with the stoeger base pads for shooting production.

If you have the stock SP01 18 round magazines, the Stoeger base pads won't work - the stock plastic SP-01 ones work fine, or something like those from Springer Precision if you want something with more weight. Lots of CZ in this area and not heard of mag base pads failure as ever an issue.

There are a couple threads on spare parts to check out, main thing being extra slide stops and fiber optic rod, beyond that Cajon can probably ship stuff to you as you need it.

x2 on what Rowdy said on the VZ grips, I love mine. But those are very aggressive / sharp for some. The thin CZC grips with skate tape might work just fine (thin, grippy, not too aggressive).

Edited by trgt

For myself the Springer base pads facilitate much more positive mag changes. You have some extra weight to help the mag drop free quicker and you have more real estate to grasp from your mag pouch.

Exactly. Plus they come in spiffy colors and you can get them laser etched with mag # and your name. (Ok so that last bit is all about "cool" and not function....)