Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Belt Setup

fal

After reading many of your posts I decided to add #6 to my belt for no other reason than to have an extra (I had a spare mag pouch already). I generally never use #4, just occasionally... And I have only used #5 once during a long stage when I dropped a mag while bobbling a reload and grabbed another mag off the belt instead of trying to get that full mag off the ground.

image_zps1dbd6d1c.jpg

image_zps8540bb98.jpg

After reading many of your posts I decided to add #6 to my belt for no other reason than to have an extra (I had a spare mag pouch already). I generally never use #4, just occasionally... And I have only used #5 once during a long stage when I dropped a mag while bobbling a reload and grabbed another mag off the belt instead of trying to get that full mag off the ground. image_zps1dbd6d1c.jpgimage_zps8540bb98.jpg

What pouches are those?

Cheers623

DVC

Butter those pouches in front of the pistol stay behind the hip bone? Don't think I could swing that with pistol placement and body but good idea as a spare.

If you asking about the #1 mag pouch, yes it is behind my left hip bone.

If you are talking about the 2 starter mag pouches in the right side... That is the Barney mag and starter magazine replacement magazines. Those 2 positions are empty after the LAMR.

I load the Barney mag from position 1, then the starter full mag from postion 2. Holster the gun, then replace position 1 & 2 with those 2 full mags from the right side. This gives me one last opportunity to get 2 "simulated" reloads from their proper position before starting the course of Fire.

After reading many of your posts I decided to add #6 to my belt for no other reason than to have an extra (I had a spare mag pouch already). I generally never use #4, just occasionally... And I have only used #5 once during a long stage when I dropped a mag while bobbling a reload and grabbed another mag off the belt instead of trying to get that full mag off the ground. image_zps1dbd6d1c.jpgimage_zps8540bb98.jpg

What pouches are those?

Cheers623

DVC

Those are Ready Tactical mag pouches. They can be found at CPWSA.

Butter those pouches in front of the pistol stay behind the hip bone? Don't think I could swing that with pistol placement and body but good idea as a spare.

If you are talking about the 2 starter mag pouches in the right side... That is the Barney mag and starter magazine replacement magazines. Those 2 positions are empty after the LAMR.

I load the Barney mag from position 1, then the starter full mag from postion 2. Holster the gun, then replace position 1 & 2 with those 2 full mags from the right side. This gives me one last opportunity to get 2 "simulated" reloads from their proper position before starting the course of Fire.

I may be wrong one this but I am pretty sure that unless the 2 starter pouches are behind the hip bone then you would be placed in open. Even if the pouches stay empty, just like having a magnet on your belt. At least that is how I understand the rules.

I couldn't find in the rule book that you can't have empty mag pouches forward of your hip bone. I have asked and have been told that it is ok... But even with that said... Those particular 2 mag pouches are the clip on style and can be removed within seconds during the LAMR.

I couldn't find in the rule book that you can't have empty mag pouches forward of your hip bone. I have asked and have been told that it is ok... But even with that said... Those particular 2 mag pouches are the clip on style and can be removed within seconds during the LAMR.

I just don't like storing magazines in a pocket. To many things can go wrong. I have seen a shooter get his heart pills lodged into his magazine and get loaded into his gun. :) the smoke from that shot was literally green.

Yeah I was talking about the two in front of the pistol. Thanks.

I have a small pocket on the front of my pants on my upper thigh which is my LAMR mag position. Only thing that goes in it is that magazine.

Edited by Rob01

Appendix E3 "Foremost limit of gun, Holster, and all equipment behind the hip bone."

Doesn't specify if used or not. And as for the mags in the pocket, I have nothing in them other than the magazine/s.

Edited by LilBunniFuFu

There is another rule you have to check that I'm not sure of. In ipsc your rig must be the same throughout the whole match. Eg if you have a magnet on a pouch for table starts you can't just put it on for one stage. So if they have that same rule in uspsa then your only option is run without them or shift them behind your hip bone.

Another option is get rid of the Barney mag and just carry the 1 extra round. Keep you lamr mag in a pocket. Load it and strip a round. Take it out, add the 1 round back and stick it back in the gun. All done. :)

It's the same rule as ipsc. Holster and mag pouches must be behind the hip bone. It does not matter if you're using it or if it's empty etc.

So I just need to remove them at LAMR?

5.2.5.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, or unless required by a Range Officer, the position of holsters and allied equipment on the belt must not be moved or changed by a competitor during a match.

It is probably best to give up the holster side pouches ;)

And here is why:

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other requirements of a declared Division during a course of fire, the competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available, other-wise the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

The COF starts with "Make Ready". If those pouches are in front of the hip, welcome to Open (or No Score)

Edited by ChuckS

It's the same rule as ipsc. Holster and mag pouches must be behind the hip bone. It does not matter if you're using it or if it's empty etc.

So I just need to remove them at LAMR?

5.2.5.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, or unless required by a Range Officer, the position of holsters and allied equipment on the belt must not be moved or changed by a competitor during a match.

It is probably best to give up the holster side pouches ;)

And here is why:

6.2.5.1 However, if a competitor fails to satisfy the equipment or other requirements of a declared Division during a course of fire, the competitor will be placed in Open Division, if available, other-wise the competitor will shoot the match for no score.

The COF starts with "Make Ready". If those pouches are in front of the hip, welcome to Open (or No Score)

Thank you for the sucky information :) , I guess I will have to do like everyone else and keep those mags in a pocket.

Just get a pair of pants like this below and you see the little pocket below the regular front pocket? There is one on each side. Great for starting mags. Nothing else goes in there so no worries about getting your meds or gum caught in your mags ;)

http://tacticalgear.com/woolrich-elite-lightweight-tactical-pants-khaki?gclid=CObWkea6u8ICFcXm7Aodi20AFQ#/896/657,672/1

Thank you for the sucky information :) , I guess I will have to do like everyone else and keep those mags in a pocket.

Mag pouch behind the gun?

There is a match Saturday, I will try that first. But I do need to invest in some tactiicool pants too

Don't shoot a lot of single stack anymore, but my rig is still setup. 6 pouches and a start mag in my pocket, bullets facing forward. I usually Barney up from the mag #6 then my start mag comes from the back or side pocket. If 56 rounds isn't enough to finish a stage, then I'm in trouble. (and yes, I've used all 6 mags on the belt before, lol)

There is a match Saturday, I will try that first. But I do need to invest in some tactiicool pants too

Seems like a long reach to try and get behind the holster to get to a mag.

Don't think of the pants as "tacticool". They are pretty useful and give you plenty of room to move as well as the mag pocket. They are all I wear and not for the looks but the comfort.

Seems like a long reach to try and get behind the holster to get to a mag.

Don't think of the pants as "tacticool". They are pretty useful and give you plenty of room to move as well as the mag pocket. They are all I wear and not for the looks but the comfort.

Don't take that the wrong way, I really do need some good shooting pants.

I could place those 2 extra pouches behind the gun carrying full mags. Then we I load the Barney mag from #1, then the starter mag from #2, I replace the #1 & #2 position with the mags from 7 & 8, or a back pocket.

I've been using a single pouch behind the gun for a couple of years now it's just the barney/start mag for me. It's not a long reach, it's over the top of the ass pocket in pants so no problem at all. Usually load one round with behind the gun mag and then use #5 mag for stage which gives me either 11 in the gun for minor or 9 if I'm shooting major.

Edited by terrydoc