Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say it was called aguade....(something I can't remember).

It is an anise flavored liquor (it's like a mix of Sambuca and Ouzo.) It was really good and want to get some for personal consumption.

Ray,

I guess you're talking about "Aguardiente".

It's a liquor distilled from Aloe Maqui.

It tastes like anis, but stronger, and its alcoholic content should be around 60° (alcohol volume)

You could try here or here.

Thanks, Luca! That's exactly what I was after!

Ray

No Eric. Spain produces excellent wine, I specially like the ones from the "Ribera del Duero" region. Sangría is made with not-too-good wine with fruit in it. They classify their wines based on a winery-owner-want-to-keep kinda' system and as well as wineries from the rest of the world inlcude the year of the crop. That's a very bad explanation but remember I'm linguistically impaired :) The system goes, from lowest to greatest quality:

Cosecha

Crianza

Reserva

Gran Reserva

My recommendations are: Marqués de Cáceres(Rioja), Pesquera and Protos.

¡SALUD!

;)

Spirytus z Rektyfikacji Lancuckiej

[Alcohol of Lancut Rectification]

Alc. 95% by Vol.

Product of Poland. I think my Dad still has a bottle in the cupboard at home. I've had a few sips of it but you have to be careful with the stuff.

There used to be a bottle on the bar at the local Polish club as well. We'd save it for those brave/stupid enough to think they could drink anything. Worked like ipecac on most of them. :wacko:

Any premium bourbon: Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Jack Daniels Single Barrel, etc., in a rocks glass with two ice cubes. I'm not much of a scotch fan, thats a little too smooth for me.

Hehehe. My ice cubes are gettin' dry. What makes me feel so good can't be so bad, does it now? I saw a cool movie last night "The Princess Blade" and the main character said something that really made alot of sense to me. "It doesn't hurt, if you don't let it." Made me realize that one could be so in tuned to the frequency of pain one could easily lose sight of the world as it should be. So simple and yet so true. But here's a question to answer. What is joy without sorrow? Or are they actually the same? It's not impossible to attach an opinion. Oh, the ecstasies of life! And that alone is worth all the cookies and bubble gum in the world. Forever in your debt for creating a place for us BE.

Sorry for the thread drift guys. Getting back on topic.

A good long island/long beach, if made right, tastes delicious :ph34r: The best ones i've had, have always been made by women for some reason :wub:

Spook,

Homer looks jacked. Kinda like my friend that I had to carry up my driveway.

Lino,

I'll respectfully ask my Filipino friends about that one. Though they told me they like Johnnie Walker Black, Green, and Blue label.

Jef,

I'm with ya, sometimes I like to taste to satisfying burn too ;) Makes you feel like a manly man B) Kinda like eating meat with your hands.

Jveg,

Anytime any woman pulls out a bottle, it's on like donkey kong!

Ipscdrl,

There might be a certain clarity that dawns upon one that is worshiping the porcelain deity. Um....maybe I drank too much....never again....yeah right :wacko:

Cullen,

Cosmopolitananan...is my ex's favorite drink. Two lashes for making me think of her again.

BigDave,

Hooch, I thought that was some sissy drink that tastes like lemonade :lol: What's the secret handshake?

Nemo,

I lost the translation. Maybe this year at the Nats, if I can get a slot, you can show me.

Merlin,

You frighten me...we are friends right?

Dalmas,

Attention! Attention! Everyone go to Dalmas's house for free booze....he made the offer. Haha got you. The only thing better than free booze is free sex (if there is such a thing and NO by urself don't count), with free ammo a close 3rd :ph34r:

Larry,

Gotta cut loose sometimes.

1911user,

When I have a right kinda of party, I'll let you know, it'll probably be on Broadway in S.F. Hope the fireman dont have to come :) Just let it burn!

Mike.45,

Was that two targets two shots a piece lower A zone, or those two targets two shots a piece, just hit that target damnit...just hit the target damnit... No...no I drank two shots for two targets that didnt give me their numbers. HF=()()

Tuica = Romania (pronounced like Tzuica)

It is a clear brandy made out of fermented plums. It is VERY smooth and with a pleasent flavor, which is also its biggest downfall because it has an alcohol content higher then vodka and you can knock yourself out before you have a clue.

• 2 weeks later...

That jagermeister was the only drink that caused me to forget , in fact I forgot the second half of a football game when I was going to University of Kentucky. And we beat Georgia that night. A huge accomplishment for Ky football.

Favorite is good old Kentucky Bourbon

Makers Mark is the best.

Woodford Reserve second.

BigDave,

Hooch, I thought that was some sissy drink that tastes like lemonade :lol: What's the secret handshake?

Hooch as in homebrew. Specifically, Yukon hooch, like:

In a airtight container add fruit of your liking, sugar and water. Seal and forget for about 3 weeks. Do not place said container in any structure of value because hooch explosions have destroyed more cabins than termites and killed more miners than dynamite. After 3 weeks, open container, sample and if you don't fall over dead, its ready to consume.

That is the hooch I'm talking about.

Pisco = Peru

And in Chile, it's like the national drink... comes in duiffernt proofs. 35 to 46 or so, it's very good, maybe just because it's different.

And it's Pisco everything..

Our hotel had it served 5 or 6 ways

just skip PisCola (Pisco and Coke)

Pisco Sours... yum.