Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classic - Moon Clip Division

Not too sure where the 4" guns matter here. For ICORE we allow pretty much any length. I would use my 4" 625 though.

-ld

Post a link where I can buy a 5 or 6 inch 625.

That's what MWP means with the 4 inch 625s?

Again, I'm all for more revolver participation, but if this was up for a vote, I'd vote no.

That isn't my point. MWP's post makes it sound like someone suggested a 4" rule or that 4" guns were in discussion here. They aren't.

-ld

There is NO discussion on making two Power Factors.

I shoot a 625 with a 200 gr bullet going at 630fps. shoots fine. not best for far and near but everything else is good. I also have a 5" gun. I love it. However, I find that i shoot my 627 more just because that is what Louis shoots and it makes it easiser to load ammo for both then the change over and load something different.

IRC has a category award for limited 6, I believe it is lightly contested, but it is contested.

If it was made more clear in the promotion of the match that L6 was a thing you got a buckle for winning, this might be a thing.

If that category is there, then is solves the 6 shot moonclip gun issue.

It has been awarded at all 4 IRC's I attended, which were 2011-14.

As I recall, the recognized categories are Lim6, open6, snubby, and open snubby.

I'm with jhgtyre on this. In addition to the current categories, Open and Limited 6-shot allows anyone (including new guys or gals) to drive into the parking lot and use whatever revo they have in the trunk on a level playing field. I have a gun for each category that will probably never get shot again until those categories are created.

I, FL2943, like the idea of these two new divisions. I think it will help draw more shooters to ICORE... which may help create more clubs and cut down the driving distance I have to go to shoot now.... and it might add a few more shooters to a squad.

Five shooters on a squad is slow. One is scoring, one is getting ready to shoot, the last shooter is refilling speedloaders/moonclips, which leaves two shooters to paste/reset... assuming they're on the ball. Time drags. I can remember when I was the only one pasting/resetting on a five shooter squad, and that gets old.

Yeah.... more divisions... more shooters... eight to ten shooter squads!... I'm up for it! :cheers:

Aside from a new place for the possible homeless IDPA shooters, the biggest benefit of a Limited 6 class is that we could remove the six shot neutral requirement. This would allow stage designers a lot more freedom. Better, more interesting stages is what the biggest benefit of this change would be

If we have more fun others may see it and join us. But to me that is a side benefit not the primary purpose of this idea.

Edited by NV Guide

I wouldn't want the 6 shot neutral to be removed. Although I continue to shoot uspsa with a revolver.it's been better shooting revos. Since we started our own icore club here at the W.A.C we are getting more shooters coming out for our monthly matches who in the past used to shoot idpa& uspsa with a revolver. Lets not screw things up.Add more guns if you want but leave other things alone otherwise some people will say the hell with it and just shoot uspsa. My thoughts anyway, Pete

SeanC is obviously incorrect about "lightly contested". As the coveted Limited 6 National Champion, I had to beat Miculek, Wolf, Olhasso, and Lentz. I beat them so bad that they all removed their names from the scores, hence you can't see them. That's how bad the beatdown was.

But for real, Limited 6 and provisions for other sub categories based upon demand already exists. If it's really bothering people that much, just expand Limited 6 into a "real" division. Classifiers could be based off the Classic scores. It seems good in practice, but I suspect people generally would rather shoot 8 rounds instead of 6. Classic was the first true 6 shot division for ICORE, championed by a speedloader revolver guy. Classic is universally the least popular division.

I would like to see something different done with the other categories. It's a lot of money to invest in shooting a 2nd gun for a full match. Maybe have a side match with simple stages available to shoot for second guns. No one except one guy was willing to shoot a 3" speedloader fed gun at a major match that cost a lot of money to go to. If it only required 150 rounds and didn't interfere with the main match and had a bit of clout to go with it, I'm willing to bet that people might be willing to give it a try.