Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best grips for CZ 75 Shadow?

1eyedfatman

I have a CZ 75 Custom Shadow. It came with the black metal grips with that little bit of tape in one area. They are nice and slim, but also very smooth and not grippy. What do you guys recommend for grip change out? I've looked at the hogue wrap-around rubber grips with the finger grooves, but not everyone seems happy with those and they seem difficult to install. There are the VZ grips which are pricing at $75, but look high quality. VZ makes different textures to choose from also so which one is best. I use the pistol for competition…IDPA, USPSA, Steel, etc.

Bothers you aesthetically or functionally? I have yet to notice it with my hands.

The picture was posted by another member but in my case since I grip very hard it pinches my hand ......with VZ problem solved

Also VZs are thicker ....and I have medium hands

I have a CZ 75 Custom Shadow. It came with the black metal grips with that little bit of tape in one area. They are nice and slim, but also very smooth and not grippy.

you can put more tape on them. That's what I would do. I would trade you some vz diamondbacks for your metal grips but I loaned them to a friend while I was thinking about what grips to use.

I personally like grip tape, so I sanded down the stock plastic grips (after filling them with epoxy) and covered them with grip tape. The vz's are nice too, but I prefer griptape.