Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Florida Open Feb 12-15

Interesting, three stages over 32 rounds, so like I guess that means a reload

I thought the maximum amount of rounds per stage was 32? Or what is the ruling on having more than 32 rounds per stage?

1.2.1.3 Long Courses: in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

Must be a LEVEL II Match.

Interesting, three stages over 32 rounds, so like I guess that means a reload

I thought the maximum amount of rounds per stage was 32? Or what is the ruling on having more than 32 rounds per stage?

1.2.1.3 Long Courses: in Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

Must be a LEVEL II Match.

Ha, how about that. i didn't know the 32 round rule was only for level III matches. We've just always played with 32 or less even for club matches. Learn something new everyday. Guess I'll need to bring my 40 round mags for this match ? Edited by TerryO

I'm in the car heading south from Tallahassee and started looking up some of the shooters down in the humble Production C class. I noticed a couple of them are actually listed as B class when you do a lookup. What's up with that?

Don't really know how these big matches work......

Edited by Just4FunLP

Awesome match.

Was anyone surprised on the chrono stage? My reloads read hotter than I expected by about 3,000 fps.

It averaged 983 fps using 4.72gr WST at 1.20" OAL with 180gr Ibejiheads out of a 5.4" KKM barrel with black nitride treatment.

Awesome match.

Was anyone surprised on the chrono stage? My reloads read hotter than I expected by about 3,000 fps.

It averaged 983 fps using 4.72gr WST at 1.20" OAL with 180gr Ibejiheads out of a 5.4" KKM barrel with black nitride treatment.

Mine were pretty spot on.

Depending on which day you had to chrono, WST is reverse temp sensitive. If you chronoed Saturday morning when it was 37 degrees lol

3,000 FPS! Wow that's a big jump. Mine was a 144 PF when I shot 135 PF through my chrono. 147 gr BBI out of an ACCU Shadow with 3.6 grn of WSF.

Oups I meant 3,000 PF

I chrono'd Friday afternoon in 70 temp. My newish barrel must be getting faster.

An amazing match, unreal weather. I heard people say it looked easy before they shot it. Once they were done they realized it was pretty darn hard. Lots of speed changes, lots of targets, lots of tight positions, lots of fun!

This is my 5th Florida Open. This year there wasn't a shot I felt like I could not make before the match, but I found a way to gather 6 mikes in 11 stages anyway.

The flavor has changed from year to year. I like this years flavor. I would name it deceptively hard.

It was my first big match. I made mistakes on every stage except the last one. Lanny Bassham would say I shouldn't focus on the mistakes, but only on the things I did right... Well that's a pretty short list. I actually experienced butterflies (a real tingling in my gut) before we started shooting the first stage. I think I literally fumbled a mag (that is dropped on the ground) on the first 3 stages. On stage 1 I forgot to change my mag as I was dropping to shoot from my knee. No big deal... but when I went to grab the mag it was empty... EMPTY!!! I was so freakin disgusted with myself I forgot to walk over and step on the dadgum activator and got a procedural. It was really getting comical at that point. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

My excuse du jour was that I only had about 5 hours of sleep the first day, and 5-1/2 on the second. WAAA!

The one thing I did do right was go. Everyone on Squad 27 was helpful and I had an awesome experience.

I was over cautious on targets I could have shot faster and really didn't do any shooting on the move. I tend to shoot low, nevertheless I decided to try the targets on the right side of stage 7 from the front of the stage. BIG NS... STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! I also think I may have had a malfunction or two because I didn't clean my mags. Lastly, I never saw the little black popper in the back left side of stage 3. I've never counted my shots from beginning to the end of a stage to make sure it matches the instructions. There's no reason why all these things couldn't have been properly addressed before the buzzer went off.

Oh well.. I went to learn and have new experience, and that's exactly what I got. There wasn't any one thing that was super difficult, but everything together added up to be very challenging for me.

Next step. Find a trainer... :)

.......nevertheless I decided to try the targets on the right side of stage 7 from the front of the stage. BIG NS... STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

I ran stage 7. It was deceptively difficult because it offered so many ways to shoot it and it sucked you in because it looked so easy. Chris Tilley shot the whole stage from the back line in 16 and change, but if you look at the match results there was a crazy amount of penalty points on that stage.