Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Florida Open Feb 12-15

Always a huge start to the season and great excuse to come down out of the cold. The 2015 Florida Open is ready for business!!

Registration is open now on Match Sign Up.

More info on our website plus more to come.

11 large stages plus chrono. Lunch included!, Shoot all day Friday OR Sat and Sun on half day schedule.

Hope to see you there.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this match provide goodie bags worth anything or is it just prizes to the winners of the classes in there divisions. It's always nice to think you might have a chance to win something decent, especially if you have to travel 9hrs and spend the extra cash on hotel rooms,gas and food. I'm sure it will be worth it either way though.

Thanks Smitty for the update on stages. I have to add for you folks that may be thinking about not going because you aren't going to get a bag of gun lube and some stickers or because there is not a prize table, you could be making the biggest mistake of your life. this is only my 4th Florida Open but without a doubt the best match I have ever shot. It will Kick your A$$ and you will walk away having had the most fun at a challenging match you have ever had. DON'T MISS OUT!

Thanks Smitty for the update on stages. I have to add for you folks that may be thinking about not going because you aren't going to get a bag of gun lube and some stickers or because there is not a prize table, you could be making the biggest mistake of your life. this is only my 4th Florida Open but without a doubt the best match I have ever shot. It will Kick your A$$ and you will walk away having had the most fun at a challenging match you have ever had. DON'T MISS OUT!

What's up Brett, I would love to go with you even without the sprinkle of gun lube and pasties, but those darn kids of mine and there sports are always taking up my time. LOL just kidding. While your in Florida having a blast probable in some great weather I will be watching my wrestle for 13 hrs in a sweaty, smelly hot box of a gym.. Awesome!! Boy he better win. Have fun and shoot well.

The information is available on the web site, but one bit of advice. Show up early, and use the directions to the range that are on the web site. DO NOT use GPS to get there it will drop you off about 2 miles short and you could end up on one of the other three roads in the area that have the same name. You will have a ball!

Stages and squad schedule just posted to the website: http://www.universalshootingacademy.com/matches/florida-open/

Virtual shooter brief will be posted there towards the end of this week along with registration info.

With electronic scoring registration is just verifying info.....2 minute process.

If you are a social media type you can follow Universal Shooting Academy on all the cool places for up to the minute match updates.

FB, Tweeter, Instagram and our website.

I'm really excited to shoot these stages after looking them over last night.

It seems like there are less movers and the like compared to this year's Florida State match (which was a joy to shoot as always), but it sort of feels like the target distances might be generally longer. It's hard to tell since these sort of stage diagrams aren't really designed to show distances in detail.

Interesting, three stages over 32 rounds, so like I guess that means a reload

I thought the maximum amount of rounds per stage was 32? Or what is the ruling on having more than 32 rounds per stage?

Edited by Prov1x