Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Flat Footed Reload - Gone

Marshal82

"The first, and one of the biggest announcements, is on the flatfooted reload. While we thought we were headed the right direction with this, it became obvious that the membership at large did not like this new rule and that we missed the mark by implementing it. The members have spoken using the suggestion tool and we listened. When this version of the rule book becomes effective, the flat footed reload will now be gone. Big cheers all around we are sure."

From the recent IDPA email. Question will be when does the take effect and what is the new rule regarding moving while reloading?

Really the only time it could be done before was only behind cover.

Can someone help me out here... I went to the link for rule clarifications, and it says you still have to pivot with one foot always remaining on the ground.. Isn't this the way it was before? or were you not allowed to move any feet before? what has changed?

If the flat footed reload is truly gone, then we won't have to learn basketball rules to shoot IDPA. How IDPA HQ defines "flat footed reload will now be gone" remains to be seen.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of IDPA... dig deeper into the Rule Book and you'll get even more confused with various Rules that often seem to contradict other various Rules.

Don't worry about it. Just go shoot and have fun. If you get a PE, just accept it. Don't try to make sense of it.

My understanding is the FFR is not gone yet. Its coming, but until the new rulebook is released we were told today at a local match that we couldn't reload on the move even though we were behind continuous cover. I think what happened is the MD got an email from the AC to this effect.

Is that everyone else's understanding?

My understanding is the FFR is not gone yet. Its coming, but until the new rulebook is released we were told today at a local match that we couldn't reload on the move even though we were behind continuous cover. I think what happened is the MD got an email from the AC to this effect.

Is that everyone else's understanding?

Correct.

The FFR is still in effect, and will be until the 2015 rulebook is released (or until HQ takes other action).

• 2 months later...

Out today, Jan 30.

The "flat footed reload" is gone; provisions for reloading while moving behind cover and even down a hallway or across a room have been spelled out. For some reason, I cannot paste a link but check your e-mail for the notice and link.

Phew, I stumbled into a way to paste the link, and just for you.

http://www.idpa.com/misc/docs/2015IDPA-Rules-MA-V1.0.pdf

But what's the matter, did you not get a notification from Joyce?

I did not at that time, I was in an airport and did not have access to that email account over an open wifi. I just wanted to grab a copy to peruse while on my flight.

Edited by mcb