Jake Di Vita

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can shoot it in 3 ~ 4 seconds with 4 A's / 4 C's / 4 D's

Hmmm ? :unsure:

I can break 4s down as:

1.0 for the turn and draw, 5 more splits and transitions that average 0.20, a reload at 1.0, then 5 more splits and transitions that average 0.20

:o

(I might be missing the joke ?)

Me and scott stockton shot the real thing after a match one day and tried to gas it up.

for the match, stockton won the stage with a 100 percent national run and i was second with a 93 percent run...Hes a Master in limited and Im an A in open.

fastest i shot was 3.76 with a mike. stockton shot it in 4.11 with a mike also.

best "Clean" run was 3.91 down 15...and that was me.. it had kinda a bad reload at .99 seconds...the 3.76 run was .84 on the reload..

this is probably the most fun stage ive shot...its a classic :)

Harmon

• 3 months later...

If anyone needs proof that Jake can do the el prez in sub 3 then click on this link. This is Jake doing this. If anyone can do this Jakey boy here can. Don't blame the tiger it was just tired or siegfried's crap. El Prez - Jake Di Vita Watch the timer on the table. Go Jake Go!

Edited by Kyle J

In an effort to get Jake to relax a bit, I asked him to shoot one with Alphas. From the hits he got on that run, it was probably 10 Alpha, 2 Charlie....in 3.24

Well, obviously all that ultra-fast shooting is affecting his ability to shoot fast and accurately. Yeah, right.

• 1 month later...

I shot an entire Nationals with Rauch & from what i saw, he's on top of his game to get a Bill Drill in at under 3 seconds.

This was 10 years ago. Not picking on his age, just his technique & the whole faith-based "system" that he & others have been sitting on for several decades.

I shot an entire Nationals with Rauch & from what i saw, he's on top of his game to get a Bill Drill in at under 3 seconds.

From a "high ready" Buwahahaha

I caught some snyde commenst "Squint like Clint" Smith made in the latest AH, he's another one who's the toughest guy he ever met.

Not to jack the thread, but it amuses the hell out of me how many accountants the tough guys train and how many real, snake eatin', high speed, steely eyed killers the "gamers" train.

Hmm, interesting, provocative even.

BTT

Jake, grip it and rip it!!!

SHAKE AND BAKE BABY!!!

GET SUM!!!!!

Anyone can shoot it in 3 ~ 4 seconds with 4 A's / 4 C's / 4 D's

I don't think I could shoot it in 4 seconds with 12 M's. The only way I could do it is if they'd just let me draw and drop a mag to the ground with 12 rounds in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jake,

I just found this thread and read it from the other and the link to this one. It was a hell of a read and even more fun to see you shoot. I'm looking forward to the sub 3... it's only a short time off for ya now. For all intents, you're there... now it's just a matter of that one run where it all clicks.

PS If you need video hosted let me know... I can throw it on my server no prob.

Best,

JT

To reload any faster I thing you need some kind of spring assist for ejection. :o You must be to the point you are waiting on the mag to clear no?

Edited by JThompson

To reload any faster I thing you need some kind of spring assist for ejection. :o You must be to the point you are waiting on the mag to clear no?

That is a real concern for the Glock...for sure. Which makes it vital to have the gun in an orientation that allows the spent mag to drop free without hanging up in the least. Straight down.

It is also vital to get on the mag release as soon as possible. I know Front Sight magazine likes putting in pictures of shooters with there spent mag barely clearing the gun and the new one ready to go in. In many of those cases the shooter hasn't hit the mag release soon enough. :huh:

They said man would never fly. They said we'd never go to the moon. They said we'd never achieve fusion. They said we'd never have quantum based computers. It's been my experience when someone lowers his head, bares his teeth and gets that crazy look in his eye, SOMETHING is going to happen. This will get done, and Jake will probably do it. That video is just twisted. We probably broke the link watching it so many times at work.

• 2 months later...
Well fellas, I sold my Open gun.

So when I come back, I will be working on this with a Limited gun instead. ;)

Open guns are for sissy's :goof:

Welcome to the real shooting :devil:

Surprised to hear you say that Z...you might want to go to the Dark Side sometime..( I meant also in shooting)..LOL

Well fellas, I sold my Open gun.

So when I come back, I will be working on this with a Limited gun instead. ;)

Open guns are for sissy's :goof:

Welcome to the real shooting :devil:

Surprised to hear you say that Z...you might want to go to the Dark Side sometime..( I meant also in shooting)..LOL

TL

I darkside in Archery :D Fishing/boating :D but NOT shooting!!!

NO NO NO I like the iron sights