Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I had to settle, poor me ;)

T Bacus

For $800.00 You did well. Is it a 38/357 or the 38 super? Either way you cannot go wrong, well I guess you could, but you would have to try very hard.

I wish posts like this would stop showing up. I keep looking at my Super cylinder and 9mm finish reamer and it makes me soooo confused. Oddly enough, both the .38 Super and 929 cylinders are 1.427". I wonder how hard it would be to get ahold of one.

Lee

Edited by RevolverJockey

I been shoot 9mm in mine with no problems. Resize the case with my super die and everything else is 9mm.

I tried this and it did not work in my revolver. I sized a mixed batch of 9mm brass in my .38 size die and then loaded them. They would all go into the cylinders, but clipped up they would not chamber.

Lee

I am using nickel WCC +p147 extremes. TK moonclips. The dies are the one for my production set- up, I only changed the resize die. I haven't done anything to the cylinders. I sent my gun to clarks to have the barrel clock to 12. Been shooting my buddy's super with my setup it runs fine in it to

If they made 500, at least half are at the IRC every year! (Nice gun, but not super rare.)

Mike,

Is this your endorsement for me to run my clymer 9mm finish reamer down mine?

Lee

I will be opening mine up for 9mm. I just got the Hogue big butt grips I ordered for it and will be putting a C-More on it when the mount arrives. I plan on making a better comp for it and then trying it out in a few matches next year.

As for super rare, that would be the 929!

7 are for sale on GunBroker right now. The rare are the 27-7, 27-8 and the original 627 with the 6 1/2" barrel. Now I know someone who has the market on the 27-7's. For a good cigar he might let you touch one. :goof:. I forgot to add nice pick up on the revolver as the last one I saw on GunBroker went for over $1500 if I remember right.

Edited by revoman

Very slick rig! Why are you going to convert it to 9mm? Does 38 Super make major PF?

I have an unendng supply of free 9mm brass. Major is not an issue because I'll never shoot the gun in USPSA, only ICORE and Steel Challenge.

Very slick rig! Why are you going to convert it to 9mm? Does 38 Super make major PF?

I have an unendng supply of free 9mm brass. Major is not an issue because I'll never shoot the gun in USPSA, only ICORE and Steel Challenge.

Makes sense to me. Cool rig!

I only shoot Steel Challenge with light .38 special loads. Can I shoot my light loads in ICORE?

the reason to convert from a 38 super to 9mm for me is the price of brass. starline is about $200 for 1000, RP nickel is $300/1000. I have a little 5000 of nickel plated RP +p 9mm brass that I got for $6 per 100, that's $300 for 5000 pieces of once fired brass. The place I got the brass from is having a sale for $5 per 100 right now. I also have 3 spare super cylinders that I picked up from numrich several years ago when I blew up my spare super cylinder 3 years ago, so Ill be able to go back and forth when needed.

the reason to convert from a 38 super to 9mm for me is the price of brass. starline is about $200 for 1000, RP nickel is $300/1000. I have a little 5000 of nickel plated RP +p 9mm brass that I got for $6 per 100, that's $300 for 5000 pieces of once fired brass. The place I got the brass from is having a sale for $5 per 100 right now. I also have 3 spare super cylinders that I picked up from numrich several years ago when I blew up my spare super cylinder 3 years ago, so Ill be able to go back and forth when needed.

I didn't know they ever made spares. I would love to get ahold of one of those.

Lee