Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

As usual Eric is wrong. Wrong shoes, wrong belt, wrong pistol, wrong rear sight, wrong mag pouches, wrong scope. I like the half day format.

You forgot, his guns are fired from the wrong side too. :)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) I'm not a fan of 3 gun stages. They never make any logical sense and take forever to run. What are we really testing? How fast we can throw guns in barrels and pull them out of barrels? Not getting DQ'd? That being said, I do like complex technical stages.

I agree with this.

I did enjoy stage 2 for being able to choose what guns to use on which targets. More of that please.

What an exhausting, but fun match. I had a great time, aside from the heat, and met some fantastic people.

I didn't shoot anywhere near as well as I wanted, but I stayed out of the hospital and survived the heat, so I'm pretty pleased.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this match. Everyone I met, who assisted with the match, was incredibly professional and friendly. They made the match atmosphere superb!

This was my first time at SMM3G, and I look forward to shooting it again.

I'd also like to sincerely thank everyone, competitors and staff, that showed genuine concern about how I was handling the heat. It was incredibly tough, but the support of the 3 gun community was outstanding. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Exceptional job SMM3G! Your hard work and dedication are greatly appreciated.

Cami

As usual Eric is wrong. Wrong shoes, wrong belt, wrong pistol, wrong rear sight, wrong mag pouches, wrong scope. I like the half day format.

1) Keep up the emphasis on rifle accuracy. Stage 8 was great. And for once, not every offhand rifle shot in a match was easy (see Stage 11).

2) I'm not a fan of 3 gun stages. They never make any logical sense and take forever to run. What are we really testing? How fast we can throw guns in barrels and pull them out of barrels? Not getting DQ'd? That being said, I do like complex technical stages.

3) Somewhat ambivalent on round counts. A good match doesn't hinge on it.

I am with Kelly all the way!

Half day PLEASE! I shoot way more than most anyone else at the match as I take FULL advantage of the 5 Stand and Clays course.

The half day also allows me to talk to and video other shooters from other squads.

Match balance was about spot on. All areas tested. Thank you.

3 gun stages? No need from my view point. But if we must 3 stages is plenty.

Round count...leave that as a calling card to the IronMan. Just give us what SMM3G does best. Fun stages

that test shooting, not memory. Cool props. Excellent target presentation (makes us limited shooters happy)

Seasoned RO's and staff. Very fine prize table.

Just some observations/personal opinions:

Yes, there were a lot of 'no-shoots' - I believe I found almost all of them

I felt there were too many activators. Resetting/accidentally tripping/resetting again takes up a lot of time. Simple 'popper activates swingers' are fine the but the foot stomp/handle pull/drop the can/etc are annoying.

Although Stage 6 was tossed, resetting those 8 tombstones was tiring.

The round count was good

Half day format is good

Good mix of short & long range rifle.

A small number of 3-gun stages is good.

This was my first SMM3G, and being a 9x Ironman shooter, my thoughts are from a different point of view.

I felt the stages were excellent, but so light on actual shooting.

I enjoyed what little distance shooting we did do. The heavy buckshot steel was fun (I do agree, tiring to reset). The No-shoot sammich groups are fun in both pistol and rifle. Now just add some slugs into that mix and we can call it excessive.

Otherwise I enjoyed the match and will try to lotto my way into it next year.

I thought it was a great match. Really like the half day format which gave me time for lots of sporting clays. I liked all the no shoots as it wreaked havoc on some who would spray and pray!

Thanks to the Match organizers, and the hard working and fun lovin ROs. And thanks to the generosity of those

companies who donated to the prize table.

I'm probably in the minority in that, while I had a lot of fun, I was a little disappointed in the stages. Some of them seemed a little "simple".

A few observations/opinions:

• Stage 1 was almost the same stage in that bay 2 years ago, switching out shotgun for rifle.
  • Stages 10 and 11 were nothing more than 3 shooting boxes with some targets thrown out in front of them. Both of those areas are pretty big, seems like they would be perfect for setting up some stages with some movement in them.
  • I don't really care if there is one gun or all three guns on a stage, I do like to see lots of options on a stage. i.e - Do I shoot that target from here, or there or ??
  • Target variety was good
  • Round count was good

Overall the match was fun and I could tell that a tremendous amount of work was done both before and during the match. Thank you to all the staff for your work.

Respectfully,

Steve

Edited by SteveT-NV

I'm probably in the minority in that, while I had a lot of fun, I was a little disappointed in the stages. Some of them seemed a little "simple".

A few observations/opinions:

• Stage 1 was almost the same stage in that bay 2 years ago, switching out shotgun for rifle.
  • Stages 10 and 11 were nothing more than 3 shooting boxes with some targets thrown out in front of them. Both of those areas are pretty big, seems like they would be perfect for setting up some stages with some movement in them....

Thanks for the candid feedback.

Concerning Stages 1,10 and 11, we are unfortunately subject to considerable limitations on stage layout and arcs of fire in those particular bays because they are adjacent to the Public Range (Stage 1) and the public highway (Stages 10 and 11), both of which have a zero tolerance for any kind of shot or frag fallout. Fortunately, we do have considerably more latitude on Stages 2-9, so you can expect to continue enjoying the kinds of challenges you encountered on those stages this year.

"Best of" stages? Doe a that mean the roller coaster will be making another appearance? Kewl!

jj

Eta, But keep that f-n upside down chair out a the mix, pls....

Edited by RiggerJJ

"Best of" stages? Doe a that mean the roller coaster will be making another appearance? Kewl!

jj

I'll take the chair, you can have the harness Rigger. :)

jj

I'll take the chair, you can have the harness Rigger. :)

You got a deal!