Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of adding a magwell to my G34...

JDW174

I put the Carver Customs magwell on my G41 for USPSA Limited-10 and Multigun Heavy Metal Limited (which uses a big bore Limited-10 pistol). I also put the Arredondo +4 extensions on two of my four magazines, just for the extra length, because I didn't need the capacity for the Limited-10 in either sport.

However, I have noticed that it is still very easy to seat the standard magazines inside the very wide Carver magwell. I could probably even do it on the clock without noticing a significant difference.

I do not know if the Carver is IDPA ESP legal. ESP is the only division I don't shoot there.

Edited by MAC702

Don't mean to get off topic from op but are there any problems with the TTI basepads not fitting a magwell due to the tab on the basepads that lock them in being up so high on the mag?

I had to dremel a dimple in the SJC to get the TTI pins to seat.

Don't mean to get off topic from op but are there any problems with the TTI basepads not fitting a magwell due to the tab on the basepads that lock them in being up so high on the mag?

The pin hit my zev speedfeed magwell on my gen 4 G35 so I cut the pins shorter and at an angle. If I didn't the pins would stick out of the bottom of the mag extensions.

Personally I would rather modify all the pins than cut/slot/drill a $120 magwell.

I have the Dawson magwell on my g34 and it works great. I started with arredondo extensions but after a few drops on concrete during indoor matches they started to crack. I swapped out to the Dawson tool - less aluminum and they look great and take the abuse no problem.

I have the TTI basepads, and I use the Zev slim magwell, by far my favorite... I heard through the grapevine the TTI Is coming out with a basepad... If so, I'll def check it out. I'm trying not to be such a Zev fanboy. NOTE: check your basepads with your clubs box to assure it fits... I needed KY to get mine in at the WA State IDPA championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally shoot with a bras Zev magwell with large brass insert because I wanted the most weight I could have down on the bottom of the frame. Last weekend I shot a match with an aluminum SJC magwell with aluminum insert.

I did not notice any difference. None. Zero.

Do you guys have an ETA for it to be released?

Indeed, inquiring minds want to know! I vote for a preorder list, I'm ready to order. Just got my G17 back from getting stippled at TTI, all I can say is wow. Quality work. All it needs is a mag well!

I have a Gen4 G34 and use a Dawson mag well and the Dawson +200 base pads. Those are the biggest Dawson pads that will still fit in the box, I believe. Mine is pretty tight, but still fits. I haven't shot them a whole shit ton, but they have survived drops on rock and concrete with no problem. Was easy to install the pads and well, too.

Base pads:

https://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=8000006F-1388517803

If you have a Gen4 34, you'll need to order the mag well which corresponds to the biggest backstrap you would use.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys have an ETA for it to be released?

In the next month. We'll be offering aluminum and coated brass.

Very interesting. I just got a G35 for Limited and need a magwell. Are you making a Gen 4 version of the brass one? Any pics available yet? :)