Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow's always have "Shadow" rollmark on slide?

JGus

I was interested in this CZ advertised on Gunbroker. It say's "CZ SP-01 Shadow 9mm CZ Custom Shop Gun." But, the slide doesn't have "Shadow" rollmarked on the slide. Don't all Shadows have the Shadow rollmark on the slide, or were there some built that didn't?

I have two Shadows and they both have "Shadow" rollmarked on the slide. I was thinking it was an SP01 with upgrades to put it to Shadow level, but the ad say's it doesn't have a firing pin block. And I know standard SP01's have a firing pin block.

So, could this be a Shadow?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=444468126

Oh, and I've emailed the seller asking for clarification but have yet to get a response. So thought maybe a benos member might know if it could still be a Shadow?

Edited by JGus

That is not a shadow I just briefly looked at the first picture you can see the hole for the cross pin the holds the firing pin in place.this is done on guns with a firing pin block.

Shadows use a rear plate to hold the firing pin in place. I would pass sounds like a scam.

Edited by thompsoncustom

That is not a shadow I just briefly looked at the first picture you can see the hole for the cross pin the holds the firing pin in place.this is done on guns with a firing pin block.

Shadows use a rear plate to hold the firing pin in place. I would pass sounds like a scam.

Agreed, something is not right between statement "The slide has no firing pin block and that helps to smooth the trigger pull and improve distance of trigger reset." and a picture that clearly shows the firing pin block normal SP01 top end.

Its possible the gun has been modified by custom shop, they do great work on all CZ. You can see upgraded sights, metal recoil rod, competition hammer in pictures, as well as VZ tactical diamond grips.

If you remain interested, you can get the serial # of the gun from the seller, CZ Custom can confirm the work that was done to it.

Agreed, something is not right between statement "The slide has no firing pin block and that helps to smooth the trigger pull and improve distance of trigger reset." and a picture that clearly shows the firing pin block normal SP01 top end.

I dont see whats wrong with the statement if the seller pulled the firing pin block.

The fact he called it a Shadow when it isnt, is incorrect though.

Edited by jon49erfan

I dont see whats wrong with the statement if the seller pulled the firing pin block.

I should have been more specific - it would have been acceptable to say "This SP-01 slide has had the firing pin block removed, and that helps ....", but as written it's a cut/paste statement about a shadow slide which this isn't.

Someone has bid the opening price of $999 on this gun advertised in every way as a CZ custom shop Shadow. I'm sure the person has no idea it's NOT an actual Shadow as there is nothing in the listing that say's it ISN'T a Shadow. I have to believe the listing seller is intentionally being deceptive by listing it as a Shadow and not an upgraded SP01 with the FPB removed.

Looks like several more pictures were added yesterday that clearly show where the firing pin block has been removed, the sear area, and close up pictures of the slide. BUT, the ad still clearly states several times that it is a Shadow.

Edited by JGus

I email the seller asking him last night to see if he knew what the part number was for the Shadow and he responded with the following:

"Actually no. It was built by Angus and there may not be an exact model # as it is not a standard production gun."

I then asked him if he had the build sheet or an invoice. He is yet to respond. I will let you know if he does.

I think he is asking a fair price for the gun (starting bid is $999) with all the work done to it to upgrade it to Shadow level. However, he shouldn't be advertising it as a Shadow. The title says "Shadow," the description of the gun says "Shadow." He wants everyone to believe it's a Shadow. It's all misleading. If someone is buying it as a plinker, fine. If someone is buying it to shoot Production, it's not legal in it's current set up with FPB removed.

The gun already has a bidder, and the ad is still up. I doesn't look like the ad is being pulled. But, as long as the buyer KNOWS what he is getting, it's all good for the buyer. So hopefully the buyer knows it's not an actual Shadow model.

Edited by JGus

Seller just responded to my request for an invoice or a build sheet. His response looks like it was a cut and pasted from another email (probably from kneelingatlas) as the sellers name is Denny.

Response:

Hi Denny

Did some checking for you. the pistol you have is an SP01, I do not have the build sheet on it.

but I did find your gunbroker auction

From the photos, it looks like it would have the build of the time.

action job with comp hammer , remove firing pin block, pre B sear, comp rear sight, FO front.

would imagine the barrel is polished , SS guide rod. 11# recoil spring.

it is not an SP01 Shadow. First Shadows were around 2008