Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotguns used in 3gun are starting to look ridiculous!

DocMedic

Meh... who cares what they look like? They're just tools used to play a game... which pretty much makes them toys.

The thought of using a shotgun for real-world "tactical timmy" stuff when you have a perfectly good rifle available is laughable anyway.... :ph34r:

Edited by dcloudy777

Meh... who cares what they look like? They're just tools used to play a game... which pretty much makes them toys.

The thought of using a shotgun for real-world "tactical timmy" stuff when you have a perfectly good rifle available is laughable anyway.... :ph34r:

While that may be an appropriate statement, shotguns do have a viable tactical role as breachers (although birdshot in the feet is never fun), and up close, nothing is as nasty as 00 buckshot...

I would have to agree with the OP, but also with the majority of others in this post in that if you can win with it and it's ugly it doesn't really matter. I like a nice clean looking shotgun with a mag tube that might be a couple of rounds longer than the barrel.

thanks for reminding me that some people care more about how their guns look than winning with them.

Not I, brown fly!

I bought the only Benelli M2 (a 26" field gun) that Cabelas had in stock when my Mossberg JM-930 crapped out on me at the 2012 Fallen Brethren match. I promptly added an extended Skeet2 choke (read Light-Mod) and sent the lifter off for welding and extending because my thumbs are important as a Chiropractor. I have a 12rd tube from RCI XRail, HiViz tricomp front sight with v-notch cut into my vent rib with a file i had laying around...some ghetto stippling I did at my office and a couple small parts like an oversized safety and bolt handle.

My shotgun is UGLY compared to some of the beauties I've seen, but she takes care of me. I don't have the fancy lightened bolts, ghost loading mod?, or anything like that. Hell, I have a 1/2" diameter piece of dowel rod to plug the shotgun to 2+1 for dove season since my RCI XRail tube goes all the way back to the receiver.