Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 Major in CDP

GMB

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really!!!!! I was under the impression that .40 was a very common LE/CCW round for carry. Thanks for the insight!!!!!!!! LOL AH hahahahahaha

Common IDPA HQ get with the program. Oh yea, all you stage designers out there, I don't know anyone who wears concealment when taking a crap or doing dishes or laying in bed. Just saying. Keep it realistic PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

ALLOW .40 MAJOR in CDP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the fuss? You can still shoot your .40 in ESP or SSP (depending on what gun). If you want to shoot CDP, what better excuse to purchase another gun?

I you don't like wearing a cover garment, then don't. Eat the PE and continue on. Every game has rules. Every game has players that don't agree with the rules. It's just a game. You can either live with the rules and enjoy your time with fellow shooters while getting some trigger time. Or you kick rocks as complain about how unrealistic the game is. Your choice.

Every game has rules. Every game has players that don't agree with the rules. It's just a game. You can either live with the rules and enjoy your time with fellow shooters while getting some trigger time. Or you kick rocks as complain about how unrealistic the game is. Your choice.

Well put!

I'm just saying keep it as realistic as possible. I honestly do not know anyone who takes a dump with a concealment garment on. Even in a public crapper you take it off to handle your business. Just sayin!!!!!!!!! IDPA has more rules that make no sense as opposed to some of the other shooting sports. IDPA just needs to get with the program and evolve!!!!!!!!! It would also give shooters more choices as to what division they shoot without having to purchase more gear. Some are on a budget!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!

Edited by buller01

because allowing .40 S&W in CDP will make the 45acp obsolete. bad for Wilson Combat business.

It hasn't made 45acp obsolete in LE or for personal carry? Why would it be different in a game with an 8-round mag limit?

Obsolete in GAMES. ie USPSA/IDPA. who gives a crap what you choose to shoot in your personal carry

I'm just saying keep it as realistic as possible. I honestly do not know anyone who takes a dump with a concealment garment on. Even in a public crapper you take it off to handle your business. Just sayin!!!!!!!!! IDPA has more rules that make no sense as opposed to some of the other shooting sports. IDPA just needs to get with the program and evolve!!!!!!!!! It would also give shooters more choices as to what division they shoot without having to purchase more gear. Some are on a budget!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!

Dude!!!!!!!1111!!!11!!!... budget and shooting does not mix well. try playing chess

Edited by Agent #1911

because allowing .40 S&W in CDP will make the 45acp obsolete. bad for Wilson Combat business.

It hasn't made 45acp obsolete in LE or for personal carry? Why would it be different in a game with an 8-round mag limit?

Obsolete in GAMES. ie USPSA/IDPA. who gives a crap what you choose to shoot in your personal carry

why would it make 45 obsolete in games? Many folks still shoot 45 in uspsa single-stack. especially folks that already own one. If you carry a .40 for self-defense or work, why should you have to either download it to minor, or buy a different gun, or be at a competitive disadvantage in a sport that *claims* to have something to do with the real world?

(meow).

but then one of the things I like about shooting is how cheap it is compared to every other sport.

Hell Yeah!!!!!

I always "freeze" in place when I have to reload in the "real world"

Crap, God just killed another kitten

Maybe, but I still say IDPGAY needs to get with the program. Oh I will still shoot the matches and play by the current rules and continue to game it as much as I can!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

... Oh yea, all you stage designers out there, I don't know anyone who wears concealment when taking a crap or doing dishes or laying in bed. Just saying. Keep it realistic PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!...

I'd wager that a minority of IDPA shooters are actually carrying daily the gun they are competing with anyway, though I am one of them.