Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's in your pockets?

ok, what the heck....

Front right Pocket:

Pocket Knife

Lighter (No I don't smoke)

Antihistamine Eye Drops (We discussed all my maladies somewhere else)

Keys to vehicle(s) and House

Chap stick

Sometimes change

Right rear pocket:

Wallet

Left front pocket:

Usually nothing but occasionally charge/debit receipts

Left rear pocket:

Usually nothing

I wear my cell phone on my belt on the right side.

Um, that's about it. I have a little Inova led light on my key ring with my jeep keys on it. For the car I carry a set of house keys and the car remote keyring separately in the right pocket. Sometimes if people hand out things while I'm walking somewhere, they generally wind up in my left rear pocket, but otherwise I put nothing back there.

Vince

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mcoliver, you really started something... :D

I was thinking the same thing. If this were a contest, however, rhino's already won.

If I had that must shitake to put on before I went out of the house, I'd never leave.

I edited my original message and added what I carry on my belt!

I may go ahead and add the contents of my vest pockets tomorrow ...

The funny thing is, I like to load my pants and belt with all of my gear before I put them on. It's kind of fun getting into them with all of that weight! :lol:

Like Jake said ... big body ---> big pants ---> big pockets.

Rhino, you win! :lol:

mcoliver, you really started something... biggrin.gif

This started off with my wife telling me that for a guy I carry too much items. Instead of being on the defensive and point out her "handbag", starting a word-war I knew I'd never win, I decided I'd do some research.

Turns out I'm pretty normal. :D

I can't compete with Rhino but feel compelled "list my pockets"

Left front: car/house/misc keys and Underwater Kinetics flashlight

Right front: change, fingernail clippers, spare work keys, gerber micro folder,cheap LED flashlight, small swiss army knife, 4" adjustable wrench, 1/4" x 2 carrage bolt with nut and Kershaw easy open pocketknife.

Right rear: Keltek p-32 and handkerchief (to break outline)

Left rear: wallet (woefully thin)

dj

Front left: car keys with red photon light, Helweg kangaroo bottle opener, and cell phone.

Front right: Benchmade knife(model varies), house keys with white photon light and Swiss Army Ranger knife(watch too much MacGyver when I was a kid)

Right rear: Wallet with almost no money.

No duct tape though.

As an aside, I will personally vouch that Rhino actually carries all that shit. True story here.... The 2nd time I ever met Rhino in person, (the first was a back alley fistfight over J-Go) we met for lunch at a casual restuarant. We sat and enjoyed lovely conversation, fine food, and a 55 year old waitress that barely spoke english. We spent nearly 2 hours eating lunch and driving before we got to the range and I realized that he wore 3 FREAKING PISTOLS AND SPARE MAGS!!!! I've played dress up at home, where I slung on 3 pistols, 2 belts of .50 BMG links, and tons of other crap, but Rhino carries that crap EVERY SINGLE DAY. Riding in his truck is where I wanna be if it all goes south. Rhino, your my hero man.

p.s. this also starts another thought, what is always riding in your trunk??

p.p.s. sorry for highjacking this

Oh, man! Don't start on the trunk ... I don't even know about most of the stuff in there. I think some of it may have spontaneously generated life by now (which would be interesting to compare to the new life forms in my bedroom).

Cousin mcoliver ... show your wife my list and then she will realize you're not just "normal," but that you need to carry MORE stuff! :lol:

There's a downside to always being prepared for any conceivable situation ... eventually some of your buddies realize that if you carry all of that stuff, they don't need to carry anything. Then they just "borrow" as needed! :P

Left front pocket: Spiderco Endura, 2 Sharpies --- usually at least one with a fine point, microfiber lens cloth, compact flash card case with three Lexar cards and a Delkin Devices 32bit PCMCIA adapter. Cards are either 512MB or 1 Gig size, depending on what's in my cameras.

Right front: Keyring, second ring with truck and house key only, bills smaller than $20.-, change, Ken Kershaw Rainbow Leek.

Right front mag pocket: Surefire 6P --- until my replacement horizontal belt carrier shows up.

Right rear: Wallet.

Left rear: Copy of last weeks time slip folded up as emergency paper

Left shirt pocket: Black Cross pen and pencil set, Motorola Star-Tac phone.

Right shirt pocket: 18% neutral grey card --- for setting custom white balances, folded assignment slips, receipts, and a supply of Pepperming Lifesavers --- the big ones that are individually wrapped.

The TRUNK, he says!! Gah!! Rolling photo studio, sometimes! Tools (always tools!), gas can, ubiquitous blue tarp, those 500W work lights (2), 35mm full field kit and tripod, sometimes the digital cam and tripod, hard hat, towels/rags, water bottles, coupla flares, oil spout and oil, alcohol (for wounds), extra cane (I've been hurt "out there' before), three fanny packs (for lenses, actually), rain hat, frisbee (don't ask), plastic sheeting, small flashlight (I need a bigger one), extra blank targets, old targets (with holes) that I'm saving for bragging, pencils-rubber bands-safety pins-twist ties, and 100-foot heavy-duty electrical extension cord (long funny story about that).

And numerous things I'm probably forgetting (I'm doing this from memory, you see).

Anyone want to go for the GLOVEBOX...? :lol::lol:

Cousin mcoliver ... show your wife my list and then she will realize you're not just "normal," but that you need to carry MORE stuff! :lol:

:D I showed her the thread and she was really amused.

Btw, you were typing in your jammies? Would I even want to know the contents of your jammies' pockets? :lol:

Btw, you were typing in your jammies?  Would I even want to know the contents of your jammies' pockets? :lol:

Hehe ... ye ask and ye shall receive!

Well, and I'm sure rhino's jammie pockets are just as prepared for any eventually as his, uh, daytime garb.

I'm a minimalist when it comes to my jammies when I'm out of my bedroom.

In my shorts pockets:

back right - Gerber Multiplier

right front -

Benchmade Leopard folding knife (temporarily replacing the Camillus "Heat" folder that I usually carry there)

4" stockman pattern pocket knife w/ carbon steel blades for various tasks around the house

mobile phone

left front:

Bianchi model #30 "clip grip" with a pair of 8rd 1911 mags

Streamlight Scorpion flashlight

Now ... those are jersey knit shorts, so to hold them up:

a Schiek brand back support belt (also worn at the gym)

And tucked into the belt:

Comp-Tac Gurkha IWB holster w/ 1911A1 .45 in it

Sometimes I move the mobile phone to my t-shirt pocket.

Right Front: Car Keys, Handcuff Key

Left Front: Work keys, small folder

Left Rear: Wallet

Right Rear: Who in the heck carries anyting in that pocket :ph34r:

Taped to the inside of my belt: extra hadcuff key and razor blade. Just a note here, DON'T GO THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY WITH THE CRAP TAPED TO YOUR BELT. No amount of ID and explaining will get you to your airplane on time :wacko:

left front: cash, change, uspsa overlays, and spare mag

left rear: Wallet

right rear: hankerchief (and occasionally checkbook)

right front: keys (and sometimes Keltec 32 ACP)

belt: cell phone, Springfield Micro-Compact in a Galco tuckable IWB, and sometimes a leatherman

I know as boys we were always told to carry our wallets in the right rear pocket and it appears most of us are pretty well trained.

I started carrying my wallet in the left rear and a nice spyerco in the right rear many years ago.

I started thinking about being robbed (before the advent of CCW in Ohio) and I thought if I ever have to give a guy my wallet...I'm doing it with my left hand.

If I happen to be clumsy enough to "oops" drop the wallet at the time I hand it over I have my strong hand with a nice blade for my attacker...just something to think about.

I was told never to give your strong hand to an attacker :ph34r: and if you notice - a smart cop never shakes your hand. ;) (ignore the oxymoron if you can :lol: )

left front: hanky and surefire e2d

right front: office days-swiss knife; weekends/after office - tactical knife, car keys, lighter

left back: all my keys

right back: wallet B)

Ok, I feel compelled... ;)

Right front:

Carkey on alarm control keyring and Streamlight carabiner-like lil' light

Benchmade Stryker

Right Rear:

Minimalist Wallet (No $)

Left Rear:

Handkerchief (a gentleman's tool... my grandpa used to say)

Left Front:

My $

Cell phone on belt.

Now in my Maxpedition FatBoy guy-purse... :huh: Streamlight TL-2, Leatherman Wave, notepad, Parker Jotter, Sharpies (wide and fine), lighter, Palm Vx & Checkbook in Covey's leather case, spare G-36 mag and G36 loaded with HydraShoks 230's.

After work the G36 goes "a la Mexicana" with help of the Clip-draw attachment, but during the weekend it goes in its Rosen ARG on belt, guy-purse stays in the car.

B)