Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

I was told that they stop shipping them in over a year ago........ This is because hey do them in batches and are doing the 10mm ( This is just what I was told ) I got my Pro Match Ultra HC 40 from here on the classifieds. It is one of the best guns I use in limited. Out shoots my XDM 5.25 all day long.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys... I am running the 9mm Ultra Tac (51679). After researching the forums and asking questions, I bought the P18 mags, the Dawson basepads for Para and the Arredondo inserts. The P18/basepads/Arredondo combo won't seat at all. The stock mag works like a champ mind you, the combo does not.

So I tried putting the Taylor Magwell on. Guess what; the stock mag seats the combo does not. (Who knew) What did I miss guys. I've read and re-read that this combo works. What did I do wrong... H E L P ! ! ! !

I just got my para P18 mags and Dawson basepad pads w/arredondo inserts today.. seats great with 20 rnds in it

Argh!!!!! Which model RIA do you have? I'm starting to believe that these things are not created equal. I running (trying to run) the 9mm HC Tac model 51679. Did you do anything else to your gun?

Wow... Mine just don't work... Totally Pissed off now

I just got my para P18 mags and Dawson basepad pads w/arredondo inserts today.. seats great with 20 rnds in it

Argh!!!!! Which model RIA do you have? I'm starting to believe that these things are not created equal. I running (trying to run) the 9mm HC Tac model 51679. Did you do anything else to your gun?

Okay guys... I am running the 9mm Ultra Tac (51679). After researching the forums and asking questions, I bought the P18 mags, the Dawson basepads for Para and the Arredondo inserts. The P18/basepads/Arredondo combo won't seat at all. The stock mag works like a champ mind you, the combo does not.

So I tried putting the Taylor Magwell on. Guess what; the stock mag seats the combo does not. (Who knew) What did I miss guys. I've read and re-read that this combo works. What did I do wrong... H E L P ! ! ! !

Okay after further research the P18/Dawson baseplate/Arredondo insert does work. The problem was the mag. that I was testing was bent at the lip. Fortunate for me that I bought 6 of these things with 6 baseplates (now you know why I was pissed) The combo works with the stock magwell. It does not run at all with the Taylor Freelance magwell. So while I'm glad the gun runs. I'm still in need of a combo that runs with the aftermarket magwell. I know for a fact that the MBX's work, however they are very expensive. Hell six mags will cost more than I paid for the gun. Assistance needed.

Quadrant,

What I would do if you just absolutely nave to use the Taylor Freelance is to ink the mag base on the surface that hits the magwell and then take it to a local machine shop to be milled to correct depth.. Fortunately I have access to one . Option B would be leaving all alone and running the factory magwell ??

Quadrant,

What I would do if you just absolutely nave to use the Taylor Freelance is to ink the mag base on the surface that hits the magwell and then take it to a local machine shop to be milled to correct depth.. Fortunately I have access to one . Option B would be leaving all alone and running the factory magwell ??

Think I'm going to go with option B for now. I am going to try to compile a list of items that works well with the RIA 2011 specifically the 51679

I have the 51947 which shoots both 22tcm/9mm the frame is the same as your 51679 as far as I know. The only difference would be the addition of the 22tcm barrel.

I too bought and tried different mag wells and different basepads, none would work. The only magazine I did not try and I think it would have worked is the longer para mag, but I could not find one. I come to the conclusion that all frames are not made to the same specs in length. The people who have been able to run any basepads and change mag wells with no alterations seem to have the right length frame, ours seem to be just that little bit short.

To cure my woes I went to Numrich Arms and ordered the Para basepads for $8 and when they came in they did not fit. But for $8 I can file away and not feel bad. I beveled the front and the sides on the top and they fit like a glove. I then found some custom made pads ordered them, beveled them and they work like a champ. The bevel is not much and will not effect the operation of the base pad.

I suggest you order the Para basepads and experiment. The most you will be out is $8. I even ordered original basepads from Armscor and they would not even work with the Megar P-18 mags without being beveled.

Overall I love the pistol and for the money you can't go wrong. With the Mecgar mags and whatever basepads with a bevel you are still money ahead. You can put together 3 mags for the cost of 1 MBX.

I have the 51947 which shoots both 22tcm/9mm the frame is the same as your 51679 as far as I know. The only difference would be the addition of the 22tcm barrel.

I too bought and tried different mag wells and different basepads, none would work. The only magazine I did not try and I think it would have worked is the longer para mag, but I could not find one. I come to the conclusion that all frames are not made to the same specs in length. The people who have been able to run any basepads and change mag wells with no alterations seem to have the right length frame, ours seem to be just that little bit short.

To cure my woes I went to Numrich Arms and ordered the Para basepads for $8 and when they came in they did not fit. But for $8 I can file away and not feel bad. I beveled the front and the sides on the top and they fit like a glove. I then found some custom made pads ordered them, beveled them and they work like a champ. The bevel is not much and will not effect the operation of the base pad.

I suggest you order the Para basepads and experiment. The most you will be out is $8. I even ordered original basepads from Armscor and they would not even work with the Megar P-18 mags without being beveled.

Overall I love the pistol and for the money you can't go wrong. With the Mecgar mags and whatever basepads with a bevel you are still money ahead. You can put together 3 mags for the cost of 1 MBX.

Thanks for the info. I am looking into those basepads now. You can't go wrong with 8.00.

I tried out on of my friend MBX's. Fit perfect. No issues at all. (...they suppose to fit like a glove. Like you said, they are +3x the price of a mec-gar)

Quadrant,

Think I'm going to go with option B for now. I am going to try to compile a list of items that works well with the RIA 2011 specifically the 51679
That combo (option B) is the one working for me ..For now anyway

Quadrant,

That combo (option B) is the one working for me ..For now anyway

Thank You for all of your help!!!!!