Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring issue

3djedi

How would you react if you shot limited major and got scored for limited minor?

I contacted the club president and the pistol director and both said they would update score. I waited a week a nothing changed on practiscore. I emailed them both again and no replies. It's been 2 and 1/2 weeks.

This is just a local match but it frustrates me to get no reply to the email. I figure just common courtesy to reply explaining why they can't update or whatever.

I more or less compete for fun but I am just curious what you guys would do. Am I over reacting?

I've had scores posted 45 days later, if its a classifier and it makes a difference, then push the issue, otherwise focus on the next match. I also would doublecheck at the next match either at checkin or during scoring, it can be changed prior to upload. MDs do get busy, but you are a client.

Errors occur at the local matches. Remember it is a volunteer sport and scoring takes time. At our club, the one who is doing the scoring gets the match paid for. Fortunately at our club, most scores are posted within 12 hours and corrections accordingly. Even when it takes 3+ hours to do a 70 person steel match. As stated before, if it is not a classifier, I would not press the issue, but if you really want to do so, then volunteer to do the scores :surprise:, then you know your scores are correct.

If you think about it correcting the issue in PractiScore is simple. Find the shooter and change their power factor from minor to major and then publish results to practiscore web site. One minute tops. As others have stated unless it's screwing up a classifier for you or bragging rights or ??? I wouldn't sweat it too much as a shooter. On the other hand as a MD I would have fixed it as soon as you brought it to my attention. Best bet since the MD hasn't responded to emails is remind him at the next match that you were scored incorrectly and ask him to fix it.

What irks me is not the score but the non-reply.

I shoot as a non-member of the club and I pay nearly 3x what a member pays per match. I thought I would at least get an explanation as to why they aren't fixing the problem. Oh well. It is what it is.....

Classifier score has not shown up on uspsa yet. Even if it does I doubt it would change much in the grand scheme of things....

Seems like more of a communication issue to me. I am a big believer in not supporting people who deliver a poor product, if they are not interested in helping out and making things right, then spend your money elsewhere.

Edited by pkm

Volunteer to help run matches. Setup, tear down, design stages, help with stats (though these days with PS the work load is much less).... there is a myriad of ways to help out. I try to provide a reasonable customer service to all the shooters who show up to my club's matches, but really help those that help us.

They are the only one around really. I like it.

The reason I'm not a member is because you have to set up a stage at like 7am on Saturday. I don't get off work until 2:30am and finally get to bed at 3:30 or 4:00am. It's freakin hard enough getting there at 9 for the match.

I think I will go ahead and become a member next year. I will just call in to work the friday before I am scheduled to set up a stage.

Edited by 3djedi