Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone used Blue Bullets?

bigarm

I have used Blue Bullets for almost a year now and have been through a bunch in 9mm, 40, and a few in 45. They work well and have very little smoke. Also super clean in the barrel. As far as coating goes... I can only compare them to SNS coated, but they are on the same level. I ordered a bunch a couple weeks ago on Friday night and they were at my door Monday.

I tried a sample pack of the 125 gr 9mm RN blue bullets. Shot well out of an AccuShadow, so I ordered more. So far no issues other than the blue coating does get rub off a bit when reloading (on a 550b). Not a huge issue, but something to be aware of.

Been using The Blue Bullets for about 6 months with no issues. I'm shooting the 147 RN with no lube ring out of an STI in 38 Super making 1200 fps so they easily handle major power factor. The perform great, leave no mess and are clean with only really powder smoke and nothing else when shot.

They leave no residue in the barrel after shooting.

Prices are great and can't beat the 3000 round USPS Medium Flat Rate pricing.

I've used Bayou and Blue and both work well. They do use a different coating and the Bayou bullets feel slicker due to the coating. The "smurf turds" as I have head them called do leave a blue residue on your hands when you load them. It washes off easily with soap and water. I have some of their new 115g round nose that I need to load up for testing. Bayou and Blue make great bullets so it's really a matter of personal preference. You won't be disappointed with either.

They are local to me so I can go by there and save the shipping costs. Great guys to deal with and the bullets shoot as good or better than any I have tried. Their new no groove bullets have proven to be exceptionally accurate in my guns. They shoot clean with no smoke and their proprietary coating clings aggressively to the bullets. You will like them.

Picked up some at a local match so far they seem to work well, had to open the bell mouth when I reloaded them to avoid shaving. Don't forget as a member of the forum we get a 5% discount.

How much did you open the bell? I have been using black bullet internationals. Would I still need to open more? I don't want to overdue it. And thanks for the reminder, I did ask for the discount.

I opened it a hair more than for the plated I was using, it was a matter of slowly increasing a little by little until the shaving were gone, the last batch of 300 I just loaded the plate and completed bullet tray were free of shavings. Probably will work the same as I believe that BBI are coated as well. I was switching from a plated bullet.

I've used Bayou and Blue and both work well. They do use a different coating and the Bayou bullets feel slicker due to the coating. The "smurf turds" as I have head them called do leave a blue residue on your hands when you load them. It washes off easily with soap and water. I have some of their new 115g round nose that I need to load up for testing. Bayou and Blue make great bullets so it's really a matter of personal preference. You won't be disappointed with either.

I'm loading Blue Bullet 125 gr in my 9mm and haven't noticed any blue on my hands.

I'm going to try them out and shoot Steel Challenge with you guys if I can get out of work on time this Saturday morning.

I'm loading Blue Bullet 125 gr in my 9mm and haven't noticed any blue on my hands.

I'm going to try them out and shoot Steel Challenge with you guys if I can get out of work on time this Saturday morning.

I normally wear gloves when reloading so it's not a big deal but there's been a few times when I haven't worn gloves and then I'll see the blue. Since it washes off I don't sweat it. What load will you be running with the 125's? Good luck at your match.

Bullet coatings all seem to work, if you don't damage them.

Billy's bullets used (uses?) a moly "paint," very thin coat just like we used in aerospace for ESD coating protection. This coat is fragile. I found that if I didn't damage it, it worked great. Other coatings are all much thicker and all have worked well.

Even using Harbor Freight "powder coating" paint powder—tumbling your cast bullets in it and then putting the bullets in a toaster oven—works just fine.

In fact, the new coatings can't even be described as lubes--they are barrier coatings without any solid lubricants in them.

PS: I suspect you might find that the two coatings are really the same, but everyone's coatings tend to proprietary--except Bayou's.

Edited by noylj

I've been shooting a bunch of the 9mm 147 and 230gr .45. I just got some 200gr .40's in and am hoping to test some loads with those later today.

200 gr 40's are what I ordered. I will be interested in your results, although I will be using CFE.

The blue on your fingers is dust that derives from the ingredient they use to dull the finish. I had some of their shiny bullets a while back and there was no dust but the coating was not a thick or as aggressive. The blue dust comes right off and I have never noticed it in my dies, on my press or on anything other than a slight amount on my finger tips. They shoot very clean with no burning wire odor or smoke that I have seen.

Those 200's are awfully soft shooting with RS Comp and e3, I would be interested what they are like with CFE, since it's a little on the slow side it might get exciting.

Edited by bowenbuilt

I've been shooting a bunch of the 9mm 147 and 230gr .45. I just got some 200gr .40's in and am hoping to test some loads with those later today.

200 gr 40's are what I ordered. I will be interested in your results, although I will be using CFE.

I don't have any CFE, I loaded used WST, Red Dot, and Bullseye.

• 3 weeks later...