Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Steel Challenge World Championships

rooster mcbee

Peacemaker looks nice. Everyone will have to be reminded that Dulles is in Virginia, and flying into Virginia with guns is easier than flying into Washington DC. And then there is the neat "off range" activities. Not the least of which is the NRA Museum.

I was hoping for a more central location. I would like to go to Nationals if for no other reason than to see some of the top pros shoot, but that would be an expensive trip. $1500 easy with airfare, hotel, meals, etc. Still tempting though.

I was hoping for a more central location. I would like to go to Nationals if for no other reason than to see some of the top pros shoot, but that would be an expensive trip. $1500 easy with airfare, hotel, meals, etc. Still tempting though.

Yeah, the match fees are not bad, it's all the ancillary expenses that make out of state matches expensive.

The wife and I have thought about a travel trailer for our vacations and that would be perfect for away matches. Get a few of my buddies to come along to the match(es) and it could become economical, sort of.

Edited by jdphotoguy

One thing I don't like about the nationals is they don't submit results to USPSA or if they do they are not shown on the steel challenge web site.

Are the Nationals and the WSSC two different matches?

Edited by jdphotoguy

I used to shoot the Steel Challenge in Piru religiously.....it was the Big Show.

I now will not miss the US Steel Nats in Florida. It is at the same range every year, ran professionally and courteously by a great team.

I have not been to a Steel challenge since I think since it moved to Florida due to how it is ran. I heard better things about the last one out west but I also heard that the range did not want it back either.......

My .02 $ FWIW........

DougC

• 4 weeks later...

I have the national match marked down on my calendar but I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot it or not. It just chaps my ass that they are the national match but they don't submit results to USPSA like they should.

Might I suggest

bottles_mens_essentials.jpg