Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Steel Challenge World Championships

rooster mcbee

Agreed. I am hoping that club liaison position USPSA is filling will help grow the sport.

I hope so as well, because the sport is a great starting point for juniors, ladies and frankly anyone new to shooting sports.

And it's a good quick match that doesn't take all day to run. I like USPSA, but the matches take so long because of all the set up, tear down and time in between. 8 hours in the Mississippi summer kind of takes its toll.

Remember, the US Steel Nationals which have been held in Titusville for the last 8 yrs were owned by the owner of Shulman Barrels, Mike Calloway (I think). It was not affiliated in any way with USPSA or Steel Challenge before USPSA bought SC. I've heard mike sold the rights to another company and the rumor last year was that it would be held one more year in Titusville and then probably move. Sounds like it's already happened if they've announced the NSB location ...

Remember, the US Steel Nationals which have been held in Titusville for the last 8 yrs were owned by the owner of Shulman Barrels, Mike Calloway (I think). It was not affiliated in any way with USPSA or Steel Challenge before USPSA bought SC. I've heard mike sold the rights to another company and the rumor last year was that it would be held one more year in Titusville and then probably move. Sounds like it's already happened if they've announced the NSB location ...

You make a good point. It's quite possible their web site is just outdated and they are not affiliated with USPSA as it states. I know what you're thinking incorrect information on the interwebs. That's not supposed to happen!

• 1 month later...

The Nationals is now held at Volusia County Gun Club in New Smyrna, about 45 minutes north of where is was held. You do NOT need to be a member of USPSA to shoot it. Hope this helps,

Greg,

Steel Challenge Match Director, VCGC

The Nationals is now held at Volusia County Gun Club in New Smyrna, about 45 minutes north of where is was held. You do NOT need to be a member of USPSA to shoot it. Hope this helps,

Greg,

Steel Challenge Match Director, VCGC

Are you serving as MD for the Nationals?

You make a good point. It's quite possible their web site is just outdated and they are not affiliated with USPSA as it states. I know what you're thinking incorrect information on the interwebs. That's not supposed to happen!

Based on talking to Mike last year, he said that the agreement still had some time on it, but USPSA isn't honoring their side of the agreement.

Based on talking to Mike last year, he said that the agreement still had some time on it, but USPSA isn't honoring their side of the agreement.

That is unfortunate I will admit it's tough to shell out $300 with the strong possibility that my scores won't get submitted to HQ but I'll be sending my entry fee tomorrow.

Biggest thing I can see for the fall off in attendence is the lack of planning and scheduling. The last three or four years have been at all different times of the year, with very little notice.

Super hard for people to make plans, save money, get time requested off, and make travel plans when they dont know till a month or two beforehand when the match is.

They should be getting dates and locations out now so people can make plans.

Maybe if everyone starts bugging them with emails and phone calls they will finally get off their arses!

Biggest thing I can see for the fall off in attendence is the lack of planning and scheduling. The last three or four years have been at all different times of the year, with very little notice.

Super hard for people to make plans, save money, get time requested off, and make travel plans when they dont know till a month or two beforehand when the match is.

They should be getting dates and locations out now so people can make plans.

Maybe if everyone starts bugging them with emails and phone calls they will finally get off their arses!

Planning is the issues all around it seems. The limited / L10 & Open Nats. are a mess, they told us twice that they are going to be at SRGC bit SRGC says they didnt know a thing about it then or the last time.

I have sent email and have gotten nothing back ?

I just heard VCGHC is holding the Steel Challenge Nat's or they are hosting some even.

Edited by a matt

• 4 weeks later...

VCGHC looks like they will be hosting the nationals from here on out....Which I think is great, since I only started shooting competitively since May of last year. Now I can shoot in the nationals and its in my own backyard! While I'm not very fast....actually, more like turtle slow, but, it will be fun to compete against the best shooters in the country.