Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

If you dealt with LHS and didn't receive product, get on to your CC provider or PayPal.

As near as I can tell, besides holsters, he also took payment for muzzle breaks and hasn't delivered.

Sadly, not an option for me as my orders were paid by wire transfer.

To lighten the mood....

http://youtu.be/ZYrptNaHMZg

Yeah, he shoots ok. He needs to practice his reloads :)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have updates on distributors? Are these out in the wild yet?

I have been in contact with Eagle Imports, I have their list of distributors, which I have given to my favorite gun shop.

Said gun shop contacted the distributors who, for the most part, did not carry the gun yet. Those who knew what my gun shop was talking about said "not yet". That was a couple weeks ago.

I'll ask him to bug 'em next week.

Edited by NicVerAZ

• 2 weeks later...

Shot it yesterday, the gun is a little slippery, but ran beautifully.

Slippery?

Yes...slippery. It could use some grip tape, stippling, batters rosin, something. It likes to move around in the hand.

Grip tape, yes. I use 3M tread tape. So aggressive it actually hurts and leaves you with a rash.

Also work with the different grip options. It comes with the skinny one by default which, I think, does not offer as good a grip as the one similar to the one on the MK6 (which did not have removable grips).

To cpa5oh:

Yes, they do. Almost the same lower (they got rid of the "creative" take down mechanism between MK7 and mK12), different hammer group but the GP site shows there is only one option, which is the Mec Gar so common in the euro-trash division (CZ, Tangoflio, Sig, ...) I do believe there is an upgrade to the followers to increase feeding reliability.

I am looking to see if the 23-round magazines from CZ Customs will work. Since Angus' store is in my town, it would not be too long for me to confirm it. Of course the mag would need to be drilled to be made compatible.

To Kingman:

Awesome news, thanks! Keep us posted.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Yes, there is only one pattern of 9mm full size magazine, so mags from a GP6, K100, P1, X-Calibur will interchange. The same mags will work in the subcompact P11 if you don't mind the extra hanging out.

The follower used has a longer skirt and center post than the originals. I can't speak to the reliability, but a CZ or Henning Shop extension with a new follower and spring could definitely be an option if you want to try Limited minor.

I have been encouraged by what I have read. I decided to pick one up. Are there any factory racier springs available for it? I know my CZ 75 felt like a different gun with a 10 lb recoil spring and 13 lb hammer spring installed.

ETA: I understand that some have used a beretta 92 recoil spring and a Wolff tanfoglio mainspring, but are there any lighter options from GP or dedicated springs for it? Or how are all the IPSC shooters doing it?

Edited by MikeRush

I have been encouraged by what I have read. I decided to pick one up. Are there any factory racier springs available for it? I know my CZ 75 felt like a different gun with a 10 lb recoil spring and 13 lb hammer spring installed.

ETA: I understand that some have used a beretta 92 recoil spring and a Wolff tanfoglio mainspring, but are there any lighter options from GP or dedicated springs for it? Or how are all the IPSC shooters doing it?

I advise you shoot it before you decide to try a different spring. But, yes, Beretta springs cut to fit will work. From experience, you do not want to reduce the recoil that much.

Since most of the users are shooting under IPSC rules, it's factory parts only.

For other uses, you can remove the spring cap retaining the standard hammer spring.

For the recoil spring, it comes with two lighter coil springs for most ammo, and the flat metal spring used in the K100 for hotter ammo.

Edited by Canuck223

I was at 4...now, with the hammer spring perch removed it's at 3.5.

I wish it were 2.5. And I get a "click" in the single action pull before hitting the break point, which is the trigger bar popping up. It didn't always do that - that kind of just started but I was told by Grand Power that this was a "feature" of the trigger system. I mentioned this because it's possible my gun has a problem...whether that makes the trigger pull heavier, I do not know. I should just buy another and start all over...

Edited by cpa5oh