Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

How long till we can expect to see excaliburs available for the common range scrub like me to buy?

There are regular monthly orders planned. Your local gun store can get them by checking with the distributor they use for Bersa, Metro Arms, or SPS.

By mid October they should be in wide distribution.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grand Power Pistols Now Exclusively Distributed in the USA by Eagle Imports

http://www.officer.com/press_release/12006472/grand-power-pistols-now-exclusively-distributed-in-the-usa-by-eagle-imports

Wanamassa, NJ (September 2014) - Eagle Imports, Inc., importers of the popular Bersa line of firearms and exclusive distributor of the Metro Arms family, is proud to announce the exclusive US distribution of the Grand Power brand of performance semi-auto pistols. Known internationally as one of the most modern, innovative pistols produced, the Grand Power brand employs high quality materials and state-of-the-art processes and manufacturing to deliver an ergonomically designed, low recoil pistol for sport shooting, civilian carry and law enforcement and military professionals.

Innovation lies in the unique, worldwide patented rotating barrel locking system that minimizes felt recoil and muzzle rise. The pistols are fully ambidextrous. Slides, frames and barrels are made from extremely durable, high quality steel. The proprietary polymer grips are ergonomically designed to offer a positive and comfortable grip. The Grand Power pistol line includes compact and full size in .22 LR, .380 ACP, 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and 10mm Auto in sport, concealed carry and professional models.

"Grand Power is very pleased to partner with Eagle Imports in this exclusive distribution agreement," Jaroslav Kuracina, Grand Power CEO and Owner commented. "Eagle Imports is well known for their exceptional customer service to their brands, as well as the sales distribution channel, right down to the end users. We look forward to a long and positive relationship with Eagle Imports and firearms enthusiasts in the U.S."

About Grand Power

Grand Power was founded on the passion and expertise of CEO and owner Jaroslav Kuracina. After many attempts to have his innovative pistol produced in his home country of Slovakia, he finally succeeded through the generosity of private investors in 2002. Today, Grand Power is one of the up and coming firearms brands world-wide, winning awards at IPSC and on the battlefield.

www.grandpowerusa.com

About Eagle Imports:

Founded in 1988, Eagle Imports is proud of its history and tradition of being an exclusive firearms distributor in the United States. Eagle is committed to fulfilling Bersa's, Metro Arms', Comanche's, and now Grand Power's, mission in the USA and for providing the ultimate after-sale experience for all of their products. www.eagleimportsinc.com

I believe the MSRP on the X-Calibur is $999. The price tag at your local gun store, no idea. :)

Right now in Europe, it lists for 1000 Euro's, so North American buying power wins again.

Edited by Canuck223

Are the rotating barrels on this gun similar to the PX4?

Also any idea when/if we should see this on the production gun list?

I have no idea how the PX4 functions. The few I have seen in competition did not convince me that it was a good firearm at all, I found it very slow to feed.

Otherwise Grand Power only produces firearms with a rotating barrel.

The Grand Power rotating barrel system is cleaner and tidier than the Beretta. It's amusing when their employees are checking out the wares at IWA.

The X-Calibur will get on the USPSA Production list as soon as we can. It's a shame that it has to be approved separately. It's been on the IPSC list since 2012.

Nick is wrong on one point. All the Grand Power guns in 9x19 or greater use the rotary lock up system.
We do make guns in .22lr and .380acp using a fixed barrel dovetailed and pinned into the same steel frame as the 9mm.

Edited by Canuck223

Nick is wrong on one point. All the Grand Power guns in 9x19 or greater use the rotary lock up system.

We do make guns in .22lr and .380acp using a fixed barrel dovetailed and pinned into the same steel frame as the 9mm.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

To my defense, we only have 3 models on the US market :)

The .22 seems interesting for rimfire matches, if .22 was available, that is.

So the barrels for the .22 and 9 short just slide straight backward? Why the difference? Not enough energy, too much yaw?

I confirm that LHS is not to do business with and I think I lost $75 plus shipping.

They won't answer email and even their phone.

My only recourse is to let Paypal know of the issue 30 days after the transaction. Unfortunately I did not think about using my AmEx.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT do business with them.

I made the same experience with LHS Holster Company. I paid in advance and never got a holster.

When was that? I think we need to let the word out at least on this forum (not sure if Brian would necessarily agree, though).

I got scammed by a plumber on Saturday, I guess I have to stop trusting people.

If you dealt with LHS and didn't receive product, get on to your CC provider or PayPal.

As near as I can tell, besides holsters, he also took payment for muzzle breaks and hasn't delivered.

Sadly, not an option for me as my orders were paid by wire transfer.

To lighten the mood....

http://youtu.be/ZYrptNaHMZg