Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we close to having the Xcalibur available for purchase...and approved for Production?

2 weeks. Been the same answer for 2 months.

And you will need to contact USPSA and tell them you'd like them to review and approve the gun for production, as I did.

Petitioning is a constitutional right.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Are we close to having the Xcalibur available for purchase...and approved for Production?

The latest order was to have shipped Tuesday, but may have been held up by a few days while we waited to confirm one detail with ATF prior to submitting a sample gun to them. The importer wanted confirmation that a threaded barrel on the .22lr pistols isn't an issue.

USPSA have the forms needed for Production Division approval, and Troy will be getting a chance for hands on inspection at SHOT. From our discussion, Troy didn't expect any issues in approving them. It's not like there are vastly different requirements USPSA VS IPSC.

Not to badger you, Canuck, but could you clarify what you mean when you say the latest shipment went out Tuesday? Is that from Europe to the importer, or from the importer to distributors and/or retail outlets?

So far as I know, we have yet to see any sellers with Eagle-imported guns in stock. Starting to see some entries in catalogs, which I guess means they have ordered the guns? But nothing available for purchase.

I've made up my mind that I will buy an X-Cal the day Bud's or similar shows them as being in stock. :)

I'm in the awkward position of having the window to purchase here in CA close at the end of the month. I'd love an XCalibur but have a Mk 7 K100 sitting at the gun shop waiting for me. Didn't want to get caught without one.

I'm in the awkward position of having the window to purchase here in CA close at the end of the month. I'd love an XCalibur but have a Mk 7 K100 sitting at the gun shop waiting for me. Didn't want to get caught without one.

I am in the same position. With SSE going away the end of the year, and only being able to purchase 1 handgun every 30 days, it is going to be cutting it close. If they are not out to the distributors soon it may very well be too late for the X-Calibur.

If you are eager, get your local dealer to call Amchar Wholesale

Davidsons

Ellett Brothers

Jerrys Sport Center

Lipseys

Midwest Gun Exchange

Sports South

Williams Shooters Supply

These guys are all getting guns from this order and can always add based on demand. If your favourite distributor isn't listed, bug them anyway as there is always room for more. The buyers are just getting there feet wet with this line so added feedback from the retailers is a good thing.

You can also contact the distributors yourself and say you want to know if they will carry the pistol, so that you can have your favorite gun shop order one for you.

For instance:

http://www.amchar.com/page/contactus.html

http://www.galleryofguns.com/about/feedback.aspx

Etc... Etc...

Basically, generate some buzz about the brand, make it known to them you want one.

There you go.

I should have holsters within the month.

I am told coming with 4 backstraps insets, 3 springs. I'll have pics ASAP.

Yep, the wide safety's are installed but the thin are in the foam liner if you prefer. There are two alternate recoil springs included so you can set the gun up to purr with your preferred load, mild to wild. Just don't get it wet or feed it after dark. :)

I got the call. My xcaliber is on the way to my dealer. It will be here tomorrow or Wednesday. If I have any delays I will get a mk12 k100 as well. I am excited to show you guys what this thing looks like.

Well, if I could get one to my dealer in the next 11 days...

I'll be rocking the mark 7 until we get the CA roster overthrown or I bail to a free state.

I called one of my local shops that generally has a pretty good 'if you want it, we'll get it for you' kinda policy- they told me they had two distributors that listed them, but no one had stock.

Nor did they have pricing info beyond the MSRP. Said they wouldn't know their cost and therefore my cost until someone actually had them on hand. Bummer.

Just figured I'd share...eventually we'll all figure out how to get our hands on these guns. :)

The DA stroke is very long when you compare it to how the SA is staged...i.e. the fact that when in SA mode, the trigger is already at the back of the trigger guard, with the total takeup/break/overtravel being less than JUST the overtravel on most DA/SA guns.

But the reach is not much different from a typical CZ, which it has always seemed like the GP's were patterned after. Obviously, they aren't anywhere near a clone, but the ergo and functionality seems similar. Just vast, vast design improvements (...IMO).

I don't have a CZ handy, but I pulled out a couple Tanfoglios and a Canik, the latter mimicking a standard CZ-75 pretty dang closely. You can see below how the GP's will kinda ruin other guns for you...

edit: Even better! Here's a direct comparison of a P1 and and a P07.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=65517.0

post-54719-0-99908600-1418171199_thumb.j

Edited by phucheneh

Ok. They showed up at Eagle Imports on Monday. They are shipping them as fast as they can.

This is the first full batch that arrived.

I will ask my contact distributors.

Street price I'd guess high 8 to low 9 though not sure.

I called one of my local shops that generally has a pretty good 'if you want it, we'll get it for you' kinda policy- they told me they had two distributors that listed them, but no one had stock.

Nor did they have pricing info beyond the MSRP. Said they wouldn't know their cost and therefore my cost until someone actually had them on hand. Bummer.

Just figured I'd share...eventually we'll all figure out how to get our hands on these guns. :)

Some of these distributors are so large that there is a disconnect between sales and purchasing and it can be counter productive. If any of the dealers these guys buy through are members of buying groups (Sports Inc, NBS, Worldwide, or Mid-States), they can buy direct from Eagle Imports as well. Most of the major dealers in the US are members of one of these buying groups.