Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power in the US: best time to purchase?

Ok. They showed up at Eagle Imports on Monday. They are shipping them as fast as they can.

This is the first full batch that arrived.

I will ask my contact distributors.

Street price I'd guess high 8 to low 9 though not sure.

This is awesome news!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading every post

Ok. They showed up at Eagle Imports on Monday. They are shipping them as fast as they can.

Hope you''ll be able to do a first impressions review with pictures. Been waiting too long for this gun!

The DA stroke is very long when you compare it to how the SA is staged...i.e. the fact that when in SA mode, the trigger is already at the back of the trigger guard, with the total takeup/break/overtravel being less than JUST the overtravel on most DA/SA guns.

But the reach is not much different from a typical CZ, which it has always seemed like the GP's were patterned after. Obviously, they aren't anywhere near a clone, but the ergo and functionality seems similar. Just vast, vast design improvements (...IMO).

I don't have a CZ handy, but I pulled out a couple Tanfoglios and a Canik, the latter mimicking a standard CZ-75 pretty dang closely. You can see below how the GP's will kinda ruin other guns for you...

edit: Even better! Here's a direct comparison of a P1 and and a P07.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=65517.0

Thanks a ton for the link and the info, i really appreciate it!

Are you sure about that? I asked Eagle (again) and they patiently replied (again) that they have not received it yet.

I don't think I am done shooting single stack yet...

Ok, I thought I had bothered my shop for nothing again but the owner is a great guy and he emailed me that one was on the way.

Crossing my fingers... Maybe it is from the first batch.

I asked him what distributor he used. I'll let you know and edit this post once I hear back from him.

The distributor is AmChar.

Edited by NicVerAZ

Ok, I thought I had bothered my shop for nothing again but the owner is a great guy and he emailed me that one was on the way.

I asked him what distributor he used. I'll let you know and edit this post once I hear back from him.

Its a bit of a hail Mary but I just contacted my dealer to see if we can get one on the way. The K100 is nice too, but I would love an xcalibur...

Okay, so I called a local AmChar dealer and gave them the SKU and UPC for the X-Cal. Waiting on a call back to see what they find from their end...just figuring maybe the dealer's have access to more up to date inventory.

And, of course, a tip to those who are doing the same thing: Avoid the giant gun shops that sell at, or even above, MSRP. You know what I'm talking about- the ones who seem aggravated when you ask if you can see a gun in the case. :rolleyes:

I've found a lot of small FFL's that will try their damnedest to find what you want, and that's nice...odd to think 'if you can find this product, I will buy it from you' apparently just doesn't entice a lot of dealers.

Its a bit of a hail Mary

Full Of Grace

The Lord Is With Thee

OK, enough with that :)

I pray that you all get an X-Calibur for Christmas.

Look my Twitter account for slide pictures. In MD so gun not in hands until Friday.

Brief findings. I love it. Trigger is sick. There is no stacking involved for double action. Single action is under 3 pounds. The machine work is beautiful honestly. The safety is nice and extended. Easy to shoot with a high grip. I can't wait to shoot this next weekend.

Now I need mags. Lots of mags.

www.twitter.com/revteacherbob

Now I need mags. Lots of mags.

Well, I have 7 of the "15" rounds ones and 1 of the 20 rounds. With this guy, it will be a total of 10, although I may resell the K100 with these 2 new magazines (and a new barrel from CAI, and a new hammer -ahem!)

For you:

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80000CB3-1388518164 - Only 2 left.

https://apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/4237

You can of course use CZ/Sig/TF mags but you'll need to drill them.

I personally want to try this:

http://czcustom.com/czts9mm140mmmagczc.aspx

I expect the Dremel to get into action.

Oft covered topic in the GP threads, but if you look at the magazine you'll see there is a notch in the front on top right under the follower. This is for the ambi mag release. Grand Power uses Mec Gar magazines specially modified.

It is not rocket science to do it oneself with a Dremel. I have made a template already with molded plastic but I am waiting for the opportunity to test it.

The 20-round magazines from Dawson are awesome, too bad I have only one. Great for limited minor and steel matches.

Not that I'm trying too hard to discern your serial number, but is that '...004' on the slide? As in, perhaps only #4 of the first US-bound X-Cals?

LOL, sorry but we don't break down serial numbers by model. Within a shipment, individual models are numbered sequentially but there are no preserved ranges.

Well...that kind of makes it even worse, heh. So number four of ALL models?

I know it's not any kind of concrete thing...just seems like a bit of a bad sign for us impatient people. What if the first shipment was only ten guns? :devil:

I was kinda wondering if maybe that wasn't close to being the case- maybe these first few were just some early-release guns to be sent to reviewers and the like.

Or maybe you GP guys are just marketing geniuses- carefully create the demand and trickle in the supply. Not a bad strategy, really. :blush:

Well...that kind of makes it even worse, heh. So number four of ALL models?

I know it's not any kind of concrete thing...just seems like a bit of a bad sign for us impatient people. What if the first shipment was only ten guns? :devil:

I was kinda wondering if maybe that wasn't close to being the case- maybe these first few were just some early-release guns to be sent to reviewers and the like.

Or maybe you GP guys are just marketing geniuses- carefully create the demand and trickle in the supply. Not a bad strategy, really. :blush:

LOL, trust me. A deliberate undersupply is not the plan.

If Kingmans gun is not from the first regular order, than it will be from the earlier order which was a mixture of media guns, demo guns for folks in the industry, accessory manufacturers, as well as early stock.