Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Tactical Sport questions

balmo

I'm interested in trying out Limited / L10 thru CZ 75 TS in 40. I just have a few questions.

-Does the CZ75 TS ship with 3 or 2 magazines?

-Its hard to see from pics online but is the front sight have an FO insert? Is it bright?

Thanks

Plain black FS and three 17 rd mags came with the TS .40 I bought 2 weeks ago. It is one, if not THE best bang for the buck out there for a LTD gun. My first USPSA match was shot with a 9mm CZ 75 BD in Production....my second will be with the .40 CZ 75 TS in Limited.

I'm interested in trying out Limited / L10 thru CZ 75 TS in 40. I just have a few questions.

-Its hard to see from pics online but is the front sight have an FO insert? Is it bright?

Thanks

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm trying to find a dealer who will swap out the "cool" mags for the Cali mags.

Thanks

I was going to ask the same thing. I'm trying to find a dealer who will swap out the "cool" mags for the Cali mags.

Check with CZC. Most of their guns (the custom ones anyway) state that they will swap out mags for L10 states. I think they have some TS .40s in stock.

• 2 weeks later...

what's wrong with the stock sights? are they not good?

Sights are a very personal choice. I think they're good, but if you like a fiber-optic (i don't) you might want to change that. The front blade is also fairly wide (.12"?) which works pretty well with the extra sight radius, but some people prefer a little more daylight on the sides. The stock setup is just the way I like it (POI exactly at the top of the blade at 10-15 yards), although I wouldn't complain if the front had been serrated like the dawson plain black sights for cz's.

I'm pretty impressed by the TS40 out of the box. I just got one last week, planning to switch from production to limited for the fall and some of the winter to learn some new things (and go back to production for the big matches next year).

Edited by motosapiens

with the 7.5mm FO, where is the aim? top of sights, center of sights???

IIRC the 7.5mm FO front sight is correct with the standard fixed TS rear sight. Easy to swap.

probably depends on your load.

with my loads the stock sight (which i think is also 7.5mm) shoots exactly at the top of the blade at 10 yards.

I have 124gr BBI flying around 115-120PF. I'm wondering if 7.5 FO or 8.5 FO will work. I love that rear sight. I'm planning to remove my CZC adjustable rear sight and put back my fixed rear sight so i could use it for racking :-) but my sights right now is POA/POI covering the target by FO dot.

motosapiens what bullet weight are you using?

180 gr plated flatpoints.

Surprisingly, my POI didn't change significantly (at 7-10 yards) between minor and major loads. that went against what I experienced with my shorter barrel cz's, which printed an inch or 2 lower at major velocities (with 165gr bullets).

I like my POI to be exactly at the top of the front sight blade (and I don't use FO sights). I had to play around a bit to get it right with my cz75's, but the Tac sport is perfect for me right out of the box.

The thing to be wary of is that czcustom and dawson don't really measure the same, so you have to read the fine print. there's a thread on here or on the cz forums where someone smart spelled out the differences. that helped me alot since I was able to order the right non-FO sight from dawson and get it to the right POI on the first try.

Do you have that link? Anybody has experience with 9mm TS FO sights? Specially using 124-130gr bullets?

Smoothdraw, I've got a 9mm TS running a 7.5mm fiber optic front sight with POI just at the top of POA from 5-15 yards using 124gr Xtreme FP with 4.0gr WST and 1.085 OAL. It's a pretty accurate load. Beyond 15 yards my eyes aren't good enough to see the holes at distance (can't "call my shots" quite yet), but I can group a full mag on a sheet of paper at that distance without a lot of skill.

Not a great example, but indoor range 10-shot groups:

7 yards - hold on the X center (I still jerk the trigger a bit so my shots typically go left)

15 yards - hold on center of head mass

25 yards - hold on the "7" (one flyer to the left)

post-48756-0-48332700-1409757865_thumb.j

Edited by IronicTwitch

Here's a TS Question. You guys that are cutting back the dust covers. What are you doing with the serial numbers? It is located on the end of the frame and if you cut it back by any significant amount, it will be removed. I know when CZC does a CTS, they have a manufacturers license, and therefore are able to move the serial number (i.e. re stamp it) to the remaining portion of the frame. Comments......