Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SNS Coated Bullets and Glock Barrels

saibot

I was thinking about getting some of the SNS bullets to try out and just wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with them from a factory Glock G34 barrel. Any long term fouling or long term issues?

Thanks!

You will be good to go. Bare lead is another story but the coating on all the major players right now is tough as nails though it does smoke a little no matter what anybody says.

I've personally used Bayou's and SnS bullets in both gloch's and H&K's which have poly rifling and have had no problems with either type of gun using either companies coated bullets.

I've also shot several thousand plain lead bullets through Gloch's with no problems

• 4 months later...

I recently tried SNS 147 poly coated bullets with 3.2 grains of Titegroup in my new Gen4 G17. I've never had so much lead after 100 rounds in a barrel! I tried a few different powders with a slower burn and ended up finding that Promo powder works great. Zero leading in the factory barrel and hardly any soot and hardly any smoke. It's going to be my new competition load as its clean shooting and much cheaper than the jacketed bullets I'm used to. Plus it's proving to be as accurate or slightly better than my old standbys of Montana Gold and Titegroup combo.

Edited by lksyotas