Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mad Max: Fury Road

pretty self explanatory. only way the movie could have been worse is if the popcorn was burned, which it wasn't, so that was the best part of the movie. maybe the director was hoping that no one saw the first 3 mad max movies and had something to compare it too.

Sorry, but an iconic Australian movie franchise directed by George Miller with no Australian lead actors?

Max played by a Brit? Seriously?

As an Australian where these movies were filmed in my home state and who grew up driving the very same cars (the Interceptor is a '73 XB Ford Falcon coupe), I cannot bring myself to see this movie...

Mick

I think the problem with a lot of sequels is that you/we may have seen the original. I view the one under discussion - and the previous ones - as sheer escapism and if the present one is the only one you had ever seen it might seem an amusing way to spend an hour and a half or so.

It's like "redos" on TV programs, I think the current Odd Couple sucks, but might not feel that way had I never have seen the original.

I think the problem with a lot of sequels is that you/we may have seen the original. I view the one under discussion - and the previous ones - as sheer escapism and if the present one is the only one you had ever seen it might seem an amusing way to spend an hour and a half or so.

It's like "redos" on TV programs, I think the current Odd Couple sucks, but might not feel that way had I never have seen the original.

Sorry for the thread creep.

Steve, I agree with you on the new Odd Couple. I watched the old version as a child. Klugman and Randall nailed it back in the day!

In the new version, Thomas Lennon, who is playing Felix is nailing it. Matthew Perry, playing Oscar is an embarrassment. It is weird, I don't remember him being this bad of an actor in Friends.

Yeah....I enjoyed it, but it's a long video game sequence.

Run here, shoot/run over/burn these bad guys, run over here, shoot/run over/burn these other bad guys, plot twist- we have to run over there shoot/run over/burn these first bad guys.again...repeat.

You just shut your mind off and enjoy the visuals.

Worst movie I've seen since Sin City sequel. It was so bad I was tempted to leave 3 or 4 times starting about 10 minutes into to. Tried to stick it out, but ended up leaving just short of the ending. Script could have been written by a 7th grader. Some of the stuff was so funny I was actually laughing out loud. Effects were good, but even those got old after a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I cannot believe you guys didn't like the movie. I grew up on Mad Max and am a huge fan of the originals. I thought Fury Road was outstanding. Everyone I know that has seen it were blown away and loved it. There isn't any character development, but who cares? It's a Mad Max movie. It's about the craziness in the wasteland.

On IMDB it has an average rating of 8.6 outta 10. That's the average out of over 150,000 people that rated it.

You guys sound like a bunch of hipsters.

Edited by sniperfrog