Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Match - IDPA Legality?

JohnnyD

So last night at USPSA practice I got to handle and dry fire a Witness Match in 9mm. Felt really good in my hands, decent stock trigger, etc.

Buds/EAA website has all of the calibers listed at 44oz...how accurate is this? Is it easy enough to shave an 1oz off this model with different grips or mags?

I want to get a SAO pistol for ESP and maybe USPSA Limited.

I weighed my 9mm Match long ago on a digital postal scale before I added the ambi-safety and magwell, and it was indeed too heavy for IDPA. I think it weighed in at 44.1, but I don't remember exactly what it was.

Edited by BrazeauRacing

Hmmm guess I'd have to get lucky and find one.

I like the all steel weight with a good trigger. I've shot 9mm 1911's and they intrigued me but the relabilty seems a lil iffy and I like the double stack feel more.

Thanks

There is a Stock 1 in the classifieds. Not sure if it will nake weight but it should fit the box

How heavy does it need to be for IDPA? It's definitely lighter than the rest of my unicorn herd but still a fine gun. If no one takes it sooner than later than I may make it a steel gun only, who knows, lol

Sent from my flux capacitor

• 1 month later...

There is a Stock 1 in the classifieds. Not sure if it will nake weight but it should fit the box

How heavy does it need to be for IDPA? It's definitely lighter than the rest of my unicorn herd but still a fine gun. If no one takes it sooner than later than I may make it a steel gun only, who knows, lol

Sent from my flux capacitor

For ESP the max weight is 43oz.

• 3 weeks later...

While i shot my Limited Elite Pro at the Nationals last month it did not get weighed .It didnt fit the IDPA box with the rubber base pads i had added so they didn't weigh it. Have since filed down the bevertail till it fits the box now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 9mm Elite Match and it weighs in at 43.85 oz. on my home digital food scale. Local guys said I can shoot it at local matches they don't really care. Like other's said 43 oz is the magic weight limit for IDPA ESP class. I took it to a local gun smith to see what he thought about reducing the weight. We talked about milling the OD of the barrel down, removing the light rail, and even milling a slot in the bottom of the frame between the light rail. You might even be able to mill some slots in the magazine because they are pretty heavy like 3 oz. or so. So far I haven't done anything too it.

I really don't see what weight has to do with conceal ability seems like the box is more accurate way to determine how well something is to conceal. Maybe IDPA will change the rules.