Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Voodoo Barrel won't fit into Upper

jhugz

Looks like a problem with the pin and not the receiver. If you just cant wait to shoot it I would file the receiver, if you have the time and patience (I don't) you can send it back for a replacement barrel.

Shoot me a PM, give me your info, and I'll get the right people to give you a call.

Tyler McCutcheon

Adams Arms Manager of Sales Operations

tyler@adamsarms.net

PM sent thanks.

I have a Voodoo 16.5 barrel installed on a recent build and it fit like a glove. I have a hard time imagining that the alignment pin itself is out of spec. For that to happen the hole in the receiver extension would also have to be out of spec to fit the oversize pin. This to me seems pretty unlikely.

More likely is the receiver itself is cut a bit narrow. Chalk this up as a good thing as a couple swipes with a file will give you a true "custom fit".

Pin should be 0.125" (1/8 inch diameter) Spec calls for pin hole in the extension to be .1245" ( press fit). Slot in receiver is supposed to be .125" . NET FIT. Occasionally may be tight enough to need a little love-tap, but you shouldn't need the whang on it. Measure the pin. I have seen a few barrels from the less quality conscious companies that obviously had tight pin holes in the extension, and in the process of bashing the pin into the hole the top of the pin mushroomed until it wouldn't fit the receiver slot. I wouldn't expect that from a VooDoo though.

So it looks as if the barrels alignment pin was out of spec a bit. Adam Arms seems to think it mushroomed a bit which I agree with. They sent me a replacement and return shipment labels and had a new barrel out to me in a couple days. The new barrel fits like a glove. Thanks to Adam Arms for the excellent customer support. I understand things happen and you guys made it right.

DMPS parts are not mil spec and are often out of spec. I would try filing out the upper a little. Alternatively you could but the barrel in the freezer overnight and tap it in in the morning with a rubber mallet.

I assume you mean DPMS? Actually you could substitute just about all but maybee 3 or 4 of the companies out there in place of DPMS and be correct in your first sentence. The vast majority of parts we use in 3-gun aren't mil-spec. So what?

Jhugs, koodos to you for sticking with it and NOT hammering or filing on your parts as many were suggesting. You did it right, got to the real problem and got it solved correctly.