Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new glock 35 for limited......which trigger?

3djedi

Just bought a glock 35 gen 4 for USPSA limited and wonder if there is a consensus on what the best option for a limited trigger would be. I would like a shortened pre-travel, light crisp break, and short reset........is there anything out there like this?

Or, am I just better off polishing the parts and dropping in something like this: http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_45&products_id=118

Edited by 3djedi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have one from Johnny Glocks and like it better than any previous. No pre-travel positive hard reset and breaks at a crisp 3 lbs with no light strikes even on CCI primers. The price is right too. I also have heard great things about the DK Triggers but have not tried one myself yet. DK will be the next purchase for the 24 I am putting together but I have tried all the rest. JG triggers is the Boss so far for me.

Edited by bowenbuilt

My 34 has a http://johnnyglocks.com in it. I like it a lot. Short reset is nice and break is clean.

I've heard great things on DK triggers also.

That website doesn't have any info, really, about anything......No prices, no pics, no info about what comes in the kit.........

Is it all custom work? Do you have to send in the gun?

Edited by 3djedi

I just installed a DK trigger. Haven't messed with the adjustments at all. Would be interested in trying a scale to see if its as light as advertised. After about 150 rounds I started experiencing light primer strikes. Switched to a heavier striker spring, hopefully it helps.

I have the DK custom in my glock 34 and I used the heavier 4.5# firing pin spring (I think it is 4.5......the heavy one in the kit anyway).......I'm getting maybe 1 in 75 light strikes on CCI primers. After the CCI's are gone I will be switching to the federal primers and trying the lighter firing pin spring see how it goes.....

I run the DK Custom triggers in both my Production and Limited set up for USPSA. The pull is minimal with a crisp break, and the reset is very short. I would describe the DK Custom trigger this way, it is as close to the pull on my competition 1911 pistol's triggers as you could possibly get in a Glock or any other production type pistol for that matter. I have never had issues with light strikes with my set up, and I typically shoot either Federal or CCI primers. I run those mostly because I have always had good luck with them and can usually find one or the other during these tough reloading component times. CCI being a harder primer, I have always had good dents in the primers. DK has definitely found that happy medium for reliability and perfect function that works! The customer service is also unmatched in my opinion. You actually get to talk to a real person that is also a competitive shooter that also supports the shooting sports that we all love. It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion.

www.glockcustomtriggers.com Give them a visit. I have talked to a couple of other folks that have got these triggers and they have also been very happy with their triggers.

Be safe out there guys and happy shooting.

EW

Edited by Ewilson224

I run the DK Custom triggers in both my Production and Limited set up for USPSA. The pull is minimal with a crisp break, and the reset is very short. I would describe the DK Custom trigger this way, it is as close to the pull on my competition 1911 pistol's triggers as you could possibly get in a Glock or any other production type pistol for that matter. I have never had issues with light strikes with my set up, and I typically shoot either Federal or CCI primers. I run those mostly because I have always had good luck with them and can usually find one or the other during these tough reloading component times. CCI being a harder primer, I have always had good dents in the primers. DK has definitely found that happy medium for reliability and perfect function that works! The customer service is also unmatched in my opinion. You actually get to talk to a real person that is also a competitive shooter that also supports the shooting sports that we all love. It doesn't get any better than that in my opinion.

www.glockcustomtriggers.com Give them a visit. I have talked to a couple of other folks that have got these triggers and they have also been very happy with their triggers.

Be safe out there guys and happy shooting.

EW

The reset on my DK custom is longer than it was on the stock trigger. I don't know why....... Everything else is lovely. But, yeah, customer service is second to none!

I am running the Zev (Glockworx) Fulcrum in my 34's. Both pre and over travel are adjustable. About as good of trigger as you can get in a Glock. 30k combined rounds with zero issues.

I also have a Zev Fulcrum trigger kit installed in my G35. I really enjoy it.

I like the wider trigger safety and the flats faced metal trigger. Running the included lighter striker spring and haven't had any light strikes so far with a variety of primers.

It also looks neat.

My 34 has a http://johnnyglocks.com in it. I like it a lot. Short reset is nice and break is clean.

I've heard great things on DK triggers also.

That website doesn't have any info, really, about anything......No prices, no pics, no info about what comes in the kit.........

Is it all custom work? Do you have to send in the gun?

Give him a call or email him. Great guy to talk to. He'll explain everything and how his works. No, you don't have to send in your gun if you don't want to.

CCI is the third choice of 3 I recommend for our kits. Federal is always number 1 for ANY LIGHTENED STRIKER FIRED PISTOL. With the reduced travel and lighted springs it's just an issue that can happen.

Light strikes after 150rds? Something has gotten fouled up somewhere in the channel. If there is even the slightest amount of drag and you will induce a light strike. I run the 4.5lb personally in my guns with CCI primers. Winchester are the second choice.

Also note that you have to be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that the primer is fully seated. Also I honestly do not know how the reset is longer than stock with the kit above it's not physically possible with the modifications.

I had some light strikes back when I ran strictly all ZEV. It happens to some of us. I make sure I BURY my primers.

Edited by dskinsler83

CCI is the third choice of 3 I recommend for our kits. Federal is always number 1 for ANY LIGHTENED STRIKER FIRED PISTOL. With the reduced travel and lighted springs it's just an issue that can happen.

Light strikes after 150rds? Something has gotten fouled up somewhere in the channel. If there is even the slightest amount of drag and you will induce a light strike. I run the 4.5lb personally in my guns with CCI primers. Winchester are the second choice.

Also note that you have to be ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that the primer is fully seated. Also I honestly do not know how the reset is longer than stock with the kit above it's not physically possible with the modifications.

I had some light strikes back when I ran strictly all ZEV. It happens to some of us. I make sure I BURY my primers.

Yeah, I get maybe 1 in 50 to 75 rounds of the CCI primers with the 4.5lbs spring. The cartridge always fires the second time through the gun. I have maybe 500 rounds left of CCI primers and have switched to the federals. How long do those firing pin springs last? How often should they be replaced? I do dry fire quite a bit.......

As far as the reset goes, again, you are right! I just compared it to a bone stock gun and it resets the same. I think I thought the reset was longer because with the DK once it resets the trigger is fully extended (or very nearly) and with the stock gun, it resets and then there is a ton more movement until it is fully extended. This is comparing my G34 with the DK and a bone stock G35..........However, I have a stock G17 and the reset IS shorter than on the G34 and the G35......Doesn't make sense to me since the G34 and 35 are competition guns....???

Edited by 3djedi