Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a "regular" Shadow from 50 yards...

justaute

Had 6 rounds left in the mag at the end of my short practice session. Decided to do what Ben Stoeger often does. My first time grouping at 50 yards, off-hand. The group probably would be a bit tighter from bench. A "regular" Shadow ain't too bad.

IMG_20140417_120259989_zps5bf490a7.jpg

Edited by justaute

Nice shootin'! I think it would be cool if more people added their own 50 yard groups of 6 to this thread.

Oh, 'Regular Shadow' only of course. I'm going for a quick practice session tomorrow AM. I'll see if I can set up a 50. I'm not sure if I can get a group as nice looking as that, but I'll try :)

Thanks for the compliment, guys. I doubt I'm equal to the mechanical accuracy of my CZ, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :)

This is probably similar to the 22-yard 1.5" group, standing off-hand, I did a while ago, in that I probably wont' be able to replicate it with any semblance of regularity. Just wanted to show that my gun, ammo, and load did their job, and I was happy to be along for the ride.

Torogi...my POA was pretty much at the center of the target. My normal, 25-yard POI is just about 6 o'clock, right at the top of the post.

* Bullet= Bayou 135gr

* Powder= AA#2 @ 3.9gr & 132 PF

I wish I can do 50yd practice. Indoors can only go 25.

Im curious at what POA to get about center of that IPSC target. And at what zero? And bullet weight.

Edited by justaute

I wish I can do 50yd practice. Indoors can only go 25.

Im curious at what POA to get about center of that IPSC target. And at what zero? And bullet weight.

I regularly shoot a plate rack (8" plates) at 25 yards on the range I go to. I've gotten pretty good at "cleaning it up" but when I go to 50 yards I tend to really open up.

I realize the math would say I should have all of my shots on paper at 50 yards, but that doesn't match my reality.

It's got to be all in my head. Maybe I should start putting a target or two at 50 yards and give it another go.

FWIW...I'm alway chasing these three things concurrently: sight discipline, trigger control, and split speed. I'm pretty good at 2 of 3, unfortunately.

Edited by justaute

The right ammo and the shooter, of course, do a lot to reach that.

Congrats, looks great.

@Ben, btw.:

Did a lot of practicing with your book "Champion Shooting: guaranteed results".

Greetz from a fan from the other side of the ocean.

:blush:

Edited by jayjay1

• 4 weeks later...

Too lazy to set-up a target at 50 yards, so I just backed up and shot this from 40 yards. I used my "match" Shadow instead of my "practice" Shadow. Five shots. One flyer. I was a bit surprised with the grouping in that my practice session wasn't going well.

IMG_20140521_115946407_zpsamosssae.jpg

Edited by justaute

OK, i get my first Shadow on tuesday the 27th. Embarrassing or not, I'm gonna do this and post the results.

I'm with you... I'm going to give this a try this weekend.

With me though there's no reason for me to delay the posting of my future results. Here they are:

510982.jpg

:goof::goof::goof: