Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Second 650

Well the time has come to order a second 650. A couple of months ago I was brand new to loading. Now I am ordering a second press. lol. This stuff is addicting! My plan is to have one setup for small primers and one for large. That will make caliber changes so much easier.

LOL if you have the money and just want another press do it. However to be honest changing the priming system is no problem at all. I'm looking at 10 mins to do a complete change over from large conversion to small that includes primer and caliber change. I just would not want new people to think that this is a hard thing or timely thing to do.

With that said I would like to add another just because I'm lazy and having two would be cool. A little needless on the pocket book but all the same cool.

I think I read in another thread here that one guy either bought an el cheapo wrench to fit the primer punch assembly. Then he either took a grinder to it to get it to fit better, or took a torch to it to bend it, or both.

It's great having 2 650s! I had the one and I picked up the other one used for $250 with 3 tool heads. Incidentally, it was the first 650 I ever reloaded on back in the early 90s. The guy that had it, didn't like it ( I think there was too much going on at once for him) and he never used it. It sat for years in a box in his basement. I doubt it reloaded 200 rounds before I got it.

53DAA3DD-ED7F-4643-82AB-5A3975411B2E_zps

I mounded them so I could use one case feeder for both and it works out pretty good!

I have just one 650. When I have it set up for small primers I load up a BUNCH of whatever I need to load....catch up on all my small primer reloading. When I need to load large primer ammo I make the switch and load up a BUNCH of whatever I need to load.

Like the "most interesting man in the world" says....(kind of anyway)...I don't switch primer setups often my friend...but when I do... I prefer to load a sh*tload of ammo.

It's great having 2 650s! I had the one and I picked up the other one used for $250 with 3 tool heads. Incidentally, it was the first 650 I ever reloaded on back in the early 90s. The guy that had it, didn't like it ( I think there was too much going on at once for him) and he never used it. It sat for years in a box in his basement. I doubt it reloaded 200 rounds before I got it.

I mounded them so I could use one case feeder for both and it works out pretty good!

What are those bags in your powder tubes?

I have just one 650. When I have it set up for small primers I load up a BUNCH of whatever I need to load....catch up on all my small primer reloading. When I need to load large primer ammo I make the switch and load up a BUNCH of whatever I need to load

Like the "most interesting man in the world" says....(kind of anyway)...I don't switch primer setups often my friend...but when I do... I prefer to load a sh*tload of ammo.

Too funny.. and ditto on the primer size loading

What are those bags in your powder tubes?

They are dryer sheets to help help with static ( in theory anyway).

Dryer sheets contain a mixture of chemicals that leave behind a soapy trail. The soap has the ability to hold moisture and that's what gives the conductivity that dissipates static electricity. Might be perfectly fine but personally I wouldn't want to mix those chemicals in my powder. At most wipe the outside of the tube with the sheet.