Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerks serting hotel alarm clocks

Butterpuc

I stay at the same hotel every week Monday through Friday and almost always the same room. This is a quiet suburbian motel with some highway traffic but mostly a working customer, such as electricians and roofers in town for a contract.

Every Monday when I check in, I notice the clock is not how or where I left it the previous Friday. Usually it is something very noticable such as unplugged or on the floor but frequently, the alarm will be set to something weird like 5:05pm and the alarm will be going off.

Of course this also happens with the coffee maker. I have found it under the bed twice in the past few months.

I am pretty sure it is the maid service being weird.

SS

I stay at the same hotel every week Monday through Friday and almost always the same room. This is a quiet suburbian motel with some highway traffic but mostly a working customer, such as electricians and roofers in town for a contract.

Every Monday when I check in, I notice the clock is not how or where I left it the previous Friday. Usually it is something very noticable such as unplugged or on the floor but frequently, the alarm will be set to something weird like 5:05pm and the alarm will be going off.

Of course this also happens with the coffee maker. I have found it under the bed twice in the past few months.

I am pretty sure it is the maid service being weird.

SS

lol.. I think you have a twin - that does the same thing as you, but on the weekends.. and is wondering the exact same thing

the coffee maker is weird though

Match hotel in Chicago allows outside callers to dial direct to rooms. So these asses love to call at 3 am and say you must come up to the desk. I didn't fall for it, but by then I was totally pissed and wide awake.

I was one of those who lived in hotels Mon-Fri for several years but they were always different. Within a month I'd developed a checklist and even walked out on several over the years for being sub-par. I also learned to never accept sub-standard food at restaurants. When you add up the bills at the end of the year you start to think about the value you're getting for your dollar. One other tip is to stop at a Walmart and buy a $5 pillow at the beginning of your stay. You know it's clean and it adds some consistency to your weeks on the road if you get the same one every time. It was definitely worth the extra $1.25 per night and no guilt leaving it behind.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we are violating hate forum guidelines, :devil: I remember a story from a Central American IPSC match hotel that had a sign at check in telling people not to use the hotel towels for gun cleaning. I wonder what the non-IPSC guests thought? :surprise: