Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate people who...

... Always have a bottle of water with them, at every moment of the day.

Okay, I don't really hate them, I just wanted to say that.

It has become a commonly weird thing though. Said in a whinny, little kid voice, "I can't go for a walk around the block without my little water bottle in my hand."

I haven't seen many of those in my neck of the woods but, what I have seen a lot of, is folks with a cup of Starbucks coffee permanently attached to their hand. I guess it is something of a "status symbol."

My wife doesn't go anywhere without her sippy cup. It's one of those big Tervis tumbler clear plastic things. I don't know why she's so damn thirsty all the time. She says it's healthy to drink a lot of water. I'm never thirsty.

There are far fewer public rest rooms than there used to be, so drinking too much fluid while out-n-about would be a disaster for this lady. I confine my fluid-drinking activity to locations that have rest rooms--the office, my home, other familiar, accommodating locations. :unsure:

Sorry Brian but I am one of those people. I didn't realize it till I read it but I don't go any where with out a bottle of water. I keep a water bottle for work and when I get home I have glass everywhere I go.

It's not a trying to be hip thing it's working in a 100*+ sweat box building VW's all day/night. I figure I drink over a gallon a day. Now that I write this I know why I get up 5 times a night for the bathroom.

My wife doesn't go anywhere without her sippy cup. It's one of those big Tervis tumbler clear plastic things. I don't know why she's so damn thirsty all the time. She says it's healthy to drink a lot of water. I'm never thirsty.

I drink a minimum of a gallon of water every day, whether I feel thirsty or not. My body likes me for that.

I absolutely LOATHE having to get up on the night just for a trip to the bathroom. But it'll keep me awake if I don't go, so . . . I go.

Now, I do happen to carry a bottle of water in the car (in the console) just for moments when it's really needed (especially in summer), but I don't spend all that much time in the car any more, so the bottle just sits there.

One thing I found out (and this is really annoying), is the vibration of the car activates my kidneys, and that's ONE of the reasons I try not to spend too much time in the car. This is nothing new. I can "go" before a trip to the store, say, and ten minutes later (after riding in the car) it's all I can do to keep from driving back home to "go" again. Like I said, it's annoying.

That being said, I drink a lot of tea (no sugar or other contaminants) and it's pretty diuretic stuff. I sometimes think the tea has something to do with the, uh, urgency.

And: What Lifeislarge said in post #19.

... Always have a bottle of water with them, at every moment of the day.

Okay, I don't really hate them, I just wanted to say that.

It has become a commonly weird thing though. Said in a whinny, little kid voice, "I can't go for a walk around the block without my little water bottle in my hand."

I posted nearly the exact same thing on a different forum . . . .

WOW the response, I woulda been better off insulting their momma's.

I have, and regularly do, drink nothing for 6-8 hours. I don't drink nearly a gallon, but get the 8-10 8oz glasses per day, usually.