sbrkam

Here's what I got-

Noveske 18" nsr MUR upper with battle comp 2.0

Noveske gen II with hiperfire 24c

Magpul K grip

Vortex hd genII

Now where I'm stuck, which stock?

Magpul rifle stock or Vltor emod

I kinda would like the emod since the upper is the mur, kinda keep it in the family per say.

But I know the a2ish stock will get me lighter recoil.

I plan on making this my 3gun only rifle.

I have had one ACE. Highly over rated in my opinion. Once you lay your face on an emod you will never be happy with anything else. I have them on four of my five ar's.

I can vouch that you do stop a moment when you first use the Emod. I shot Steve's rifle and I was like; "Huh? What stock is my face on? That's nice. Since when did I think that a stock felt *nice*?" <breaks cheek weld to look>

It was his Emod.

MOE Rifle. Balances very well.

I happen to have this on my competition lower (with the accessory pad from Magpul that extends it a half inch, I think). I wanted a fixed length stock that was fairly light. Price was good and I like it.

I have a Magpul ACS on my other lower. It is not quite as nice a feel as the Vltor Emod, but they are fairly close. Not enough difference to make me swap it out for the Emod.

But, if I wanted a variable length stock on a carbine buffer tube, I'd get the Vltor Emod in whichever color suited my fancy.

Fixed length, I like the Magpul MOE rifle. I agree that it balances well.

For a precision build that didn't worry as much about weight, I'd do the Magpul PRS.

Pick from the three and enjoy.

Edited by michael1778

I am not a fan of the MOE rifle stock, l really need a higher cheek piece in order to be able to line up properly behind a scope. It is a good quality, economical stock and it works great for many people, but the cheek weld just didn't cut it for me. The Luth-Ar MBA is my new favorite for a lighter weight stock, it's very adjustable and not super expensive (about $140).

I am not a fan of the MOE rifle stock, l really need a higher cheek piece in order to be able to line up properly behind a scope. It is a good quality, economical stock and it works great for many people, but the cheek weld just didn't cut it for me. The Luth-Ar MBA is my new favorite for a lighter weight stock, it's very adjustable and not super expensive (about $140).

It requires a little more work for me on the cheek weld also, but not so much on faster 3-gun stages. I tend to notice it more on the longer range stuff.

I must have high cheek bones or something.

That Luth-Ar MBA looks interesting for more precision style builds. I didn't know about that one.

Edited by michael1778

I just started running the Lancer Carbon A2 length stock...and it's hands down....perfect! MSRP $109, light as hell, great cheek weld, perfect length and sexy as hell to look at.

post-48412-0-42959900-1396367867_thumb.j

no it's not...at first that's what I thought it was too...because the shape is very similar to the EFX and in the past Lancer has run the EFX on their rifles. but this is all new and all Lancer. it's light as hell and just as comfortable if not more so than the EFX.

and yes...it does look good matched up with the carbon hand guard....I saw one locally and had to order the hand guard...it should be at my house any day now. I only live about 8 miles from Lancer in PA so I've been trying to support them as much as possible because they're a local business.

• 1 month later...

For rifle length stocks I like the PRS since it brings the rifle balance back to the rear and can be set up specifically for me. For carbine length stocks I like the sopmod the most or the enhanced sopmod the checks welds are great and you can adjust the length. I ran the MOE rifle stock but the rear angle of the stock was weird to me and seemed to get in the way when i tried to shoot it laying on my side on one particular stage. I got rid of it after that. to each their own.

Here is that Lancer stock again but with a 17" AP customs keymod guard. I had to switch it out and now it's perfect. I've shot this a ton since the last post and I can't even begin to tell ya how much I like the stock. Great product!

post-48412-0-91681000-1399349751_thumb.j

Here's what I got-

Noveske 18" nsr MUR upper with battle comp 2.0

Noveske gen II with hiperfire 24c

Magpul K grip

Vortex hd genII

Now where I'm stuck, which stock?

Magpul rifle stock or Vltor emod

I kinda would like the emod since the upper is the mur, kinda keep it in the family per say.

But I know the a2ish stock will get me lighter recoil.

I plan on making this my 3gun only rifle.

I like the Emod but I prefer the Magpul MOE rifle stock now.

Pat

I went ace for the buffer length and because Miculeck uses one.

As for comfort, I figure the entire sport is awkward so whether or not my cheek is comfy or not wasn't much of a consideration. I once had one of those blackhawk shotgun stocks and it would leave a bruise on my cheekbone. Even the "worst" AR stock is going to be better than that.