Sig P320

JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I take it there is no specific P320 sight pusher out yet? May have to call MGW and see if one is in the works.

584-000-040WB

Sig Sauer P320 Slide Shoe

Mfr Part: MGWSP133

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/sight-movers/sig-sauer-p320-slide-shoe-sku584000040-60424-151355.aspx

Edited by alma

I was able to get to the range this past Saturday. My range trip had many objectives. Those being try new P320 in 40S&W, try Hi-Power 9mm to see if it function properly, and if it did try some of my first hand loads in 24 years...

Short versions:

P320, cool! Trigger took a little getting use to. I started dry firing at about a 4:1 ratio and my groups improved greatly. I like the 40 S&W. 180 grs felt softer than the 165; both were factory Winchesters.

HI-Power, Last time I was at the range I was using some very old reloads bought from a gun show, not really a good idea. I experienced two brass blow outs (see attached Pic) and decided to stop shooting it until I had someone look over the Hi-Power. Inspection found no concerns so I shot it this time with recently purchased factory loads. No issues experienced. I moved on to my own recently loaded hand loads of unique and bullseye. Found a unique load with 124 xtreme bullet that was perfect.

Also, modernized my grip and stance...

post-58796-0-44452200-1426709051_thumb.j

Edited by usa259

I talked to Dawson Precision this morning about the P320.

He said they have been working on it and are almost done and the rear fixed sight should be available

in a couple weeks.

They told me the same. But, I though the sight cuts were the same on the 320 as the P series Sig's. ? I have one of Dawsons Charger rear sights for my 226 that I haven't put on yet, but if the cuts are the same why wouldn't it fit on the 320?

post-44117-0-45492500-1426725748_thumb.j

What mag pouches are people running? Also is it not normal to run bullets facing back?

I run a variety of double-stack mag pouches, no real preference as long as retention and speed needs are met. I am a right handed shooter, so my mags are on my left, with bullets pointing towards my belt buckle. It is the prevailing configuration, in my experience. It is also, in my opinion, the fastest way to reliably reload your pistol. That being said, whatever way you practice will be the fastest way you do it. There are just some ways that work fastest for most shooters, and bullets forward is the fastest.

He said they have been working on it and are almost done and the rear fixed sight should be available

in a couple weeks.

They told me the same. But, I though the sight cuts were the same on the 320 as the P series Sig's. ? I have one of Dawsons Charger rear sights for my 226 that I haven't put on yet, but if the cuts are the same why wouldn't it fit on the 320?

Thats what I thought too. Daniel is the guy i talked to and I asked him if the P226 Charger sights would fit and he said NO.

Maybe i'll call back and ask for Michael. Or why don't you put the Chargers on your P320 and post it.

I was going to get the Heinie's that Alma got but i hate .125 notch. I would get the .145 notch charger.

It sure looks like the Charger rear sights would fit. Again, it's just P226 dovetails. You just have to watch out for some styles like the Warren that will hang over the rear of the slide a bit.

I am excited to see what Dawson comes out with. Maybe they would cook up an adjustable too?

in a couple weeks.

Thats what I thought too. Daniel is the guy i talked to and I asked him if the P226 Charger sights would fit and he said NO.

Maybe i'll call back and ask for Michael. Or why don't you put the Chargers on your P320 and post it.

I was going to get the Heinie's that Alma got but i hate .125 notch. I would get the .145 notch charger.

My 320 hasn't arrived yet and there is no way my daughter will give up her carry size 320 for me to experiment on. :(

But I'm sure Dave Dawson will not disappoint.

in a couple weeks.

I just installed an Ameriglo Sig P series rear sight on my P320. Sight installed with no problems. No overhang on the rear.

Mike

in a couple weeks.

I just installed an Ameriglo Sig P series rear sight on my P320. Sight installed with no problems. No overhang on the rear.

Mike

Oh yeah, i forgot about Ameriglo. What part # did you get. Also was the fitment tight, did you need to file it ?

in a couple weeks.

Mike

Oh yeah, i forgot about Ameriglo. What part # did you get. Also was the fitment tight, did you need to file it ?

SG-402 plain black rear. Installed without fitting.

Mike

Yeah, i dont understand if it's the same dovetail why don't they just add P320 on the website and use the same part# sight. Why do they have to tool up for a new sight if it's the same..

I'm guessing the shape of the P320 sight is different. I have Warren and Heinie sights for a 226 but I haven't installed either on my P320 because while the dovetail cuts are the same, the position of the dovetail in the P320 slide is different from that on a 226.

Here is a photo of my 226 with a Warren rear next to a P320 with factory night sights. This P226 was made in 1988, the dovetail location on more recent models may have changed, I don't know.

th_DSC_4054.jpg

Depending on the sight, the 'overhang' wouldn't be too bad but I think it would annoy me enough so that I'm waiting for sights made for the P320.

Edited by cyberiad