Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

Thanks for the clarity. I have come to assign a lot of credibility to your posts over the years.

I don't think any gun is magic, so it will be interesting to see if this is the flavor of the week or some kind of actual improvement over the competition.

Of course I've turned into an old codger apparently, and am shooting singlestack this year for all the majors. But for local matches we mentally group ss, production and L10 all together for bragging rights.

Thank you for your kind words. Single stack is on my to do list but I am still having too much fun with Production and 3 Gun to have gotten around to the 1911 platform. Best of luck shoving all those skinny mags into that skinny hole.

This should be a very interesting year. I have never been sponsored or frankly never looked for a sponsor. In some sense I really don't fully know what to expect. I am of course honored to be a part of this ambitious program but I am also very excited about the process of building a new competition platform. For me I think that optimization process is almost as fun as the actual competition. I have been pretty honest and straightforward in the past about my view on things, my personal shortcomings, and my efforts to personally get better and don't foresee anything related to this project censoring me from communicating reality as I view it.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never found their online store to be very good, although it looks like it's been revamped a bit since I visited it last. I'd just call and ask if they have what you're looking for in stock.

I just called the SIG Store today to order 6 more grips (two in each size) for additional playing/testing.

Are these not showing up on there online store yet?

No, they are not listed on the website and I really don't know why.

You can call (603) 418-8102 to order. Also, several online shops who sell SIG pistols have these for sale in their Web stores but many are showing out of stock right now.

When I called SIG today they said that the Medium and Large grips were in stock and would ship now. My small grips are back ordered and will ship whenever they come in.

After using the one-time-use 20% off code that I got when I registered my SIG on the website for warrantee the grip frame modules were each about $36. Interestingly enough the guy on the phone asked me if I wanted to order magazines for 20% off using the same code even though the fine print excluded magazines. I didn't try so don't know whether that would work. Some have referenced using that code to order the caliber exchange kits at 20% off and it seems that more of those might be available beyond what is shown on the Web Store.

Edited by alma

You guys aren't helping my thinning bank account. I really want to try one of these full size in 9MM and if it works for me sent it off to Bruce when I have the funds. Question. Do any of you have trouble with the trigger smacking your finger on reset? Some YouTube reviews have noted this or with a trigger job/cutting some coils does it get less?

I picked up a compact FDE yesterday and get out and shot 150 rounds through it. I'm gonna have to figure out something with the tank down lever. I don't seem to have the grip strength to use it as a *thumb rest [generic]* so it was thrashing my thumb. Also was having a little trouble getting a good feel for where to aim. When I rented the FS I was right on right from the start with this one after 150 rounds I'm still not exactly sure where to put the sights.

These things come with so much goop on them but once I got all that cleaned off I found some wear marks in the finish that was a little disappointing on a new gun. Maybe this is normal but here are some pics.

7a0e2869-3d2c-49e3-a2cc-ed0f1ef0112f_zps

cc2b6229-6ad4-4031-9d92-b0561700f3b0_zps

6f83084e-f251-402e-a52f-78fb7a908e69_zps

Anyway Maybe those would show up over time anyway but kind of obnoxious .

The outside looks pretty nice though.

image_zpswa6ollls.jpg

A lot of the P320s seem to be sighted to hit over the sights instead of holding right on. Not my preference so I have been switching out sights with Dawson front and different rears.

If you don't like the current take down lever then there might be another option in the future that is a bit less prominent.

Looks a lot better than any new CZ inside. Give it 1k rounds and it'll look worse than that anyways.

Haha I don't doubt it will show wear as I use it. Just some of the spots where it is showing wear seemed a little weird. Mostly in the last pic where the edges of that relief cut show wear.

A lot of the P320s seem to be sighted to hit over the sights instead of holding right on. Not my preference so I have been switching out sights with Dawson front and different rears.

If you don't like the current take down lever then there might be another option in the future that is a bit less prominent.

I was trying to use a 6oclock hold to see if that was what required and it might have been the key but then randomly it seemed it would hit point of aim. So I'm gonna need to through more rounds down range and get a better feel for things. A less prominent take down lever might be what I need but this could also just show I need to improve my technique to reduce muzzle rise.

A less prominent take down lever might be what I need but this could also just show I need to improve my technique to reduce muzzle rise.

You are not alone in that takedown lever! In fact, it (which surprised me ) and the ease of me riding the slide lock (which didn't surprise me, being a Sig, but did disappoint me) are the main reasons I am axiously awaiting the release of the Beretta APX, although I am hoping Sig will produce alternative parts long before the APX becomes a reality.

If you look at the first generation P250 you see that it's take down lever was less pronounced.

I've noticed that. Ice also been told that it, and the slide stop version from the MHS submission, will be available this year, but could not get a timeframe. I'm seriously considering modifying both myself, but would like to get spares first, in case I mess them up (or to return it to stock, before selling). But, as it is, my groups are better with the P320 than with any other gun I've owned; past or present, and I am still amazed at the trigger, straight out of the box.

A less prominent take down lever might be what I need but this could also just show I need to improve my technique to reduce muzzle rise.

You are not alone in that takedown lever! In fact, it (which surprised me ) and the ease of me riding the slide lock (which didn't surprise me, being a Sig, but did disappoint me) are the main reasons I am axiously awaiting the release of the Beretta APX, although I am hoping Sig will produce alternative parts long before the APX becomes a reality.

That apx take down lever looks pretty massive as well. I still think glock has a good setup leaving the frame space unobstructed.