JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed in the video it mentions one of the safeties is to prevent it from firing when out of battery. The review from Mas Ayoob(spelling?) he mentions the gun has the ability to fire when pressed up against someone and it is pushed out of battery.

Hi! Bruce Gray here. I'd like to make the point that the P320 will not fire unless safely in battery; the lockup travel is very long on this platform, and is safely tolerant of being slightly retracted, as might be the case if one was depending upon the recoil spring guide assembly to prevent it from opening fully. -Bruce

Springer is in Oregon. I wonder if he makes them for Bruce Gray ? Since Springer sells them for 20.00 and Bruce 25.00

No. Different manufacturers.

Thanks for the opportunity for clarification. Ours are a bit more expensive. They are turned from 17-4, heat-treated to 45-47RC, and stress relieved. They are guaranteed for life as is everything we do and sell. In 13 years that we've been making FAT rods for SIG pistols, we've never had a failure AFAIK. Scott's a great guy and I am happy to share the idea with him. You'll see some collaborations between our shops in the future. Check out his grip tape sets and basepads.

-Bruce

Is a sight pusher really needed? When I have purchased sights from Dawson, they have always come with a punch.

If one isn't careful it's possible to damage tritium vials when using a punch. I was just reminded of this first hand while adjusting the front sight on my P320 last week. I have an MGW for the classic series (Sig) guns and as others noted, it's a much more seamless means of doing the job.

t

You can also snap off or bend front sights with a pusher. Dawson sights in particular simply cannot successfully be installed with out fitting, and a sight pusher wil bend the blade on any sight tight enough to fit durably. At GGI, we fit and install a wide range of sights that we guarantee, and never use sight pushers anymore. Indeed, I now see these tools as an expedient alternative to the application of proper skill. Instead, we use specially made dovetail punches, and do a very careful job of it. -Bruce

Thanks Alma. Do you know if the Springer and the GGI are basically the same dimensions, because i see the GGI is FAT Rod

also can you use ISMI recoil springs or just Wolff.. GGI is out of stock, just wondered if i should wait for the GGI SS Rod or just get the Springer.

They look similar. You can use Wolff or ISMI springs.

Good point: After much experimentation and high speed video, we've settled on a 14X ISMI for 147's at <132PF, and the 15X for lighter bullets under 135PF. The ultimate limiting factor remains having adequate closing tension to overcome the striker spring into full battery. Our work does not involve reduced-rate striker springs. If we weenied-out on ignition reliability, we'd gain a little extra closing assurance, but a 15X does a fine job of reducing excess muzzle dip on closing. I hope this advice helps. -Bruce

My P320 is on it's way to Gray Guns. I can't believe how much shipping was. I sure hope it's going to be worth it.

If it isn't, you'll be refunded. We guarantee everything we do for life. I am confident. I apologize for the costs involved, and encourage folks to use a local dealer for USPS shipping instead of going direct with UPS. Thank you! -Bruce

Say,

Is this the correct forum thread to discuss hand loading designs as in design loads?

I recommend a 124gr true, drawn-jacketed bullet with enough TiteGroup to make a reliable 131PF for competition in the P320F9. I feel the 147's are needlessly pushy, and the long locked barrel-slide travel of this design allows a lighter bullet to shine. My opinion, and others feel differently. I believe at least 2/3 of my Team SIG shooters are running 147's to excellent effect. FYI, I'm taking the P320 to Bianchi, and will be running the SIG Elite Performance 124 V-Crown over TiteGroup at 126PF. That load is capable of groups well inside 2" at fifty from the Team SIG gun I am running, though I can no longer see well enough to get that on demand. The smallest group I have documented publicly with this load ran 2.15" for ten shots, off bags. -Bruce

So, is replacing the slide with another not just like the factory profile (internal or external) USPSA Production legal? Not sure, just curious.

In any case, these guns will move, if the instructions on how to do a 25 cent trigger job were more readily available on the inter-web. As well as having after market sight options readily available that did not require replacement of the slide (yes I know they are coming). Maybe basic replacement springs Etc. to do the lighter trigger. Just seems like most of the info/know how is being funneled through a couple outlets for now. More power to them, but I would like to do it myself like I can for a Glock.

Make these items/info accessible to the DIY shade tree guy to get running for competition and sales will soar. Mine is sitting in its box til I get all of that figured out. I want to put sights on it, tune the trigger, and go shoot it.

EXACTLY !!! Shipping costs both ways to send my gun to Bruce Gray for a Trigger Job ??? Just make the parts and sell the Kits, I'll install it myself. 175 bucks for sights ?? I don't need Bruce to sight in my gun. Sell his sights like Sevigny does with the fiber optic front and i'll get a sight pusher and do it myself.. These guys are so backed up with work because they want it that way.. Quit the BS and sell your stuff to the DIY.. Geez, it's not like i'm rebuilding a automatic transmission...

Hi! You make a good point. We will eventually offer our sights as a DIY set, as with the upcoming P320 action upgrade kits we're working on with SIG Sauer. For now, however, we are installing these ourselves to ensure that; a) you don't break the front sight off with your pusher, and B) the pistol actually gets zeroed for you. The P320's are accurate as hell, but they tend to group different loads to different POI's, along with significant POI/POA variations gun-to-gun. Just among the 28 Team SIG pistols we built and delivered recently, we've had six different front and rear height combinations, with some machine-fitting to boot. (Our new P320 rear sight is designed to be machined to zero, and we refinish each set to order after fitting.) We are working with our counterparts at SIG Sauer to figure this out, and expect the next model to be less variable in this regard.

I don't understand your comment about being backed up with work because we "want it that way." What we want is for our customers and friends to get perfect work and parts that we guarantee for life, as I always have. I humbly suggest that may explain why GGI is where we are today. We can fairly be criticized for longish lead times, but as I yet live and breathe not for the quality of our work.

-Bruce

I love my full size P320 9mm. But, I agree it is a tad oversprung. I would be happy to snip off a couple coils, if I had a spare. Does anyone have success with this?

Does anyone know when the GGI Guide Rods + 1911-springs are going to start flowing again? I don't want to order another stock spring when I won't be able to use it with the new guide rod, which I don't know when I will be able to get.

We currently have these in stock, in great quantities. Thank you. -Bruce

I love my full size P320 9mm. But, I agree it is a tad oversprung. I would be happy to snip off a couple coils, if I had a spare. Does anyone have success with this?

Does anyone know when the GGI Guide Rods + 1911-springs are going to start flowing again? I don't want to order another stock spring when I won't be able to use it with the new guide rod, which I don't know when I will be able to get.

We currently have these in stock, in great quantities. Thank you. -Bruce

Bruce,

Do you recommend calling direct for these? Your website still shows them out of stock.

t

My P320 is on it's way to Gray Guns. I can't believe how much shipping was. I sure hope it's going to be worth it.

If it isn't, you'll be refunded. We guarantee everything we do for life. I am confident. I apologize for the costs involved, and encourage folks to use a local dealer for USPS shipping instead of going direct with UPS. Thank you! -Bruce

I'm sure the work will be fine. I was just referring to the whole process of getting a gun and sending it out to have work done.

No need to apologize for the cost of shipping. I chose to ship it directly so that is on me. I know you guys have nothing to do with shipping rates.

Say,

Is this the correct forum thread to discuss hand loading designs as in design loads?

I recommend a 124gr true, drawn-jacketed bullet with enough TiteGroup to make a reliable 131PF for competition in the P320F9. I feel the 147's are needlessly pushy, and the long locked barrel-slide travel of this design allows a lighter bullet to shine. My opinion, and others feel differently. I believe at least 2/3 of my Team SIG shooters are running 147's to excellent effect. FYI, I'm taking the P320 to Bianchi, and will be running the SIG Elite Performance 124 V-Crown over TiteGroup at 126PF. That load is capable of groups well inside 2" at fifty from the Team SIG gun I am running, though I can no longer see well enough to get that on demand. The smallest group I have documented publicly with this load ran 2.15" for ten shots, off bags. -Bruce

Thanks for the reply Bruce. My P320 is in 40S&W and I moved my questions to:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=211605&hl=

I received some helpful data there...

Thanks again.

Bruce,

Do you recommend calling direct for these? Your website still shows them out of stock.

I have found that to be the best way in the past. Their parts website is often not up-to-date, although I understand that is being worked on.

I didn't get a notification either so I bought a Springer Precision guide rod. Measures .312 diameter. What is the diameter of the Gray Guns Fat guide rod? May get one of those too.

I didn't get a notification either so I bought a Springer Precision guide rod. Measures .312 diameter. What is the diameter of the Gray Guns Fat guide rod? May get one of those too.

It's likely similar. I will measure tonight.

In the meantime here is some more P320 fun from the local but ambitious match last weekend. I am about 3,000 rounds in on my Bruce Gray tuned P320 and so far it has been 100% reliable.

They close to the same?

They close to the same?

.325"

They close to the same?

.325"

Humm,.... You think that .013 smaller size of the Springer would make a difference?