Sig P320

JGus

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read the thread, and I am intrigued. Alma, did I read that you sold an Accu-shadow and purchased the 320? Wow, Sig must have hit this one out of the park!

It's not the ACCUs fault. CZs qr the fabulous guns. I just have large hands and among other things I wanted to see whether a gun with a larger grip option would got me better and minimise my current issues with pulling that trigger straight back. Also, I really love to tinker and the modularity makes the P320 a great platform for that. As of now I have 4 grip frame modules that I am doing different modifications to for different purposes.

I will say that I am not giving up any accuracy by moving to the SIG. For me it's as accurate as the ACCU.

I still need to have trigger work done on it (it's at 6 Lb currently) but in USPSA competition I don't feel that I am worse off from the CZ because it's a crisp and short trigger.

I still need to have trigger work done on it (it's at 6 Lb currently) but in USPSA competition I don't feel that I am worse off from the CZ because it's a crisp and short trigger.

I think you will absolutely LOVE the gun after some trigger work. I thought the trigger was "pretty good" in stock condition, but after it came back from Robert Burke, I was absolutely amazed by the trigger!!!

I read the thread, and I am intrigued. Alma, did I read that you sold an Accu-shadow and purchased the 320? Wow, Sig must have hit this one out of the park!

It's not the ACCUs fault. CZs qr the fabulous guns. I just have large hands and among other things I wanted to see whether a gun with a larger grip option would got me better and minimise my current issues with pulling that trigger straight back. Also, I really love to tinker and the modularity makes the P320 a great platform for that. As of now I have 4 grip frame modules that I am doing different modifications to for different purposes.

I will say that I am not giving up any accuracy by moving to the SIG. For me it's as accurate as the ACCU.

Just got mine from Bruce. Go to your safe, put your Sig in a box and ship it to Bruce. You won't regret having him do the trigger.

Mr. Anderson -What was the turn around time? Have you measured the pull of the GGI trigger job? I know they advertise a 4.5lb pull weight but that still seems a little heavy for a competition gun. Then again striker fired guns tend to get mushy when the pull weight is reduced too much.

Edited by blind bat

Using 147gr Production load and a Heinie rear I used a .250 tall Dawson.

Be aware that the Warren works but hangs over the back of the P320 slide.

There are some variations in how deep the front sight dovetails area cut in the P320 so I recommend getting your rear first and putting some rounds on paper to calculate the optimum front sight for your gun and load. Dawson has instructions on how to calculate this on his website.

Mr. Anderson -What was the turn around time? Have you measured the pull of the GGI trigger job? I know they advertise a 4.5lb pull weight but that still seems a little heavy for a competition gun. Then again striker fired guns tend to get mushy when the pull weight is reduced too much.

Sorry, still trying to play catch up. I haven't had a chance to measure the pull weight but I would be really surprised if it's 4.5. Had a chance to shoot it a bit on Friday and more in depth on Sunday. Still not 100% sold on it but it has promise. Still working on the right spring combo, but for now it's heavier than I expected. I'm having a bit of a retraining issue going on as well. I usually shoot with my wrist locked up tight. But the angle of the Sig is just different enough I found myself having to relax the wrist and it showed up as significantly more muzzle flip. Need to spend a bit of time on the gun to get the wrist trained up.

Just got one Full SIze 9mm P320. Haven't shot mine yet (shot others) but trigger feels great in dry fire. I've been shooting a P229 in .357 Sig w/SRT and P239 in .357 SIg w/SRT, Wolff reduced power hammer strut spring, Robar lower. Had over 50,000 rounds thru my P229 before replacement, and I had it tuned perfectly. FAST FAST FAST! And I think the P320 could come close out of the box. It is my first polymer pistol, I've been a metal snob.

What grip frame comes from the factory? I held a P320 at a store today and seemed to be able to reach the magazine release without losing my grip. If there was a smaller grip I would have no problem reaching it. I shoot an M&P with the small palm swell and still have to lose my grip to drop the mag.

Mine came with Medium.

I was reading Sig's information on the P320 and read that the circumference of the grip is different. Would you know what the different grips actually measure?

Somewhere around there is one of these for the P320 but I can'ts seem to locate it right now.

Here is one for the old style P250 grips. I am guessing it's similar still.

sigp250gripdimensions.jpg