Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

I have about 100 rounds through mine so far. If you're a Sig guy, you'll love the p320. The trigger feels 'Sig' despite the handgun being striker-fired; it's far better than a stock Glock or M&P trigger. I also like that I can switch between my MK25, M11-A1, and the p320 and NOT feel like it's a totally different handgun.

post-58353-0-74335900-1423675685_thumb.j

Edited by DirtDiver31

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone have any idea what loads he was shooting?

Factory 115 gr WBW.

My goal for this week is to get out to the range and testing the combination of riding a finger in the front of the trigger guard while riding a thumb on the takedown lever. It certainly feels like it provides a lot of leverage and seems to work for Yong.

Edited by alma

My goal for this week is to get out to the range and testing the combination of riding a finger in the front of the trigger guard while riding a thumb on the takedown lever. It certainly feels like it provides a lot of leverage and seems to work for Yong.

Great catch on the Technique. I remember Jerry Miculek saying the same thing about keeping a finger in front of the trigger guard when he shoots "these lighter polymer guns."

Here's the video,

He's got some great slow motion footage showing the difference in recoil between that and bad technique against a grid.

I noticed I have been putting my thumb on the takedown lever, too, but have never done the combination of that with the finger in front of the trigger guard.

Alma, you won't be the ONLY one working on that this week my friend!!!

I got out and rented a full size 320 today and shot 50 rounds though it. I found the take down lever was kind of in the way. Anyone else feel this way and where do you put your hand on the frame?

I ride my thumb on the takedown lever now. It works a bit like a thumb rest on a limited gun if you do it right.

This week I am actually messing around with wrapping my left hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. Doing that in combination with riding my thumb on the takedown feels like I can get some very good leverage on the gun. Looking forward to testing that out in live fire later this week.

I got out and rented a full size 320 today and shot 50 rounds though it. I found the take down lever was kind of in the way. Anyone else feel this way and where do you put your hand on the frame?

I ride my thumb on the takedown lever now. It works a bit like a thumb rest on a limited gun if you do it right.

This week I am actually messing around with wrapping my left hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. Doing that in combination with riding my thumb on the takedown feels like I can get some very good leverage on the gun. Looking forward to testing that out in live fire later this week.

That sounds like it could work. I also forgot to ask about the slide locking back on an empty mag. This was a rental gun and I'm not sure how old it was so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway the slide never locked back on an empty mag, it would lock back if I racked the slide. Is this common?

That sounds like it could work. I also forgot to ask about the slide locking back on an empty mag. This was a rental gun and I'm not sure how old it was so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway the slide never locked back on an empty mag, it would lock back if I racked the slide. Is this common?

With a lot of Sigs, this is often caused by the shooter (unintentionally) riding the slide catch lever with their thumb, preventing it from moving upwards under magazine spring pressure. It doesn't take much to make that happen. When most people rack the slide, they pay more attention to thumb placement. A sure way to eliminate the possibility is to shoot the gun left handed and see if it locks back on an empty mag.

I think there is a 99% chance your thumb is pressing down on the slide release. Very common, especially with Sigs.

Just got back from the in door range. It was my first time shooting my second full-sized P320 which arrived last week from Bruce Gray's shop.

I normally ride the takedown lever and tonight tried the finger on the trigger guard as well. I think it showed slightly more control and less muzzle flip. I have pivothead video comparing both styles but haven't had time to assess in detail. Since getting the new grip was slowing down my draw a bit and since I felt like my standard grip gave me good control of the P320 I finished off my practice session using my standard grip which rides the takedown lever but doesn't put a finger of the front of the trigger guard. I will continue to investigate this but for now I am satisfied with what I had been doing.

In other news, tonight I shot the fastest Bill Drill that I have shot in my entire life. With P320's stock trigger it was tough for me to get splits much below .19. Tonight, with the GGI enhanced P320 I was able to get splits in the .15 range. The total time was 1.68 with a draw of .83 and splits of .20, .15, .17, .18, and .15 with one Charlie. The gun doesn't get all the credit. I have been working hard at dry fire over the off season and started "scooping" out of the holster for hands at sides draws.

Hmmm, getting a little SIG fever so...

I´ve looked on the Ipsick PD list.

There stands a "P320 Nitron" which tells me nothing.

Does anybody know, if the P320 is Ipsick PD-legal?

Bases on that entry on the IPSC Production gun list I would say that the SIG P320 is legal. Looks like barrel lengths, weight, caliber, or other specifics aren't calling out besides being the one with the Nitrate finish.

Since October I have bought two on my own dime along with purchasing additional magazines, Springer Precision basepads and grip tape, 5 large grip frame modules, 3 holsters, 5 mag pouches, Heinie and Dawson sights, GGI replacement guide rod, 1911 recoil springs, and assorted other accessories in addition to sending money to Bruce for pistol work.

By my math the other day I have around $2,400 personally invested in the P320 platform so far so I feel okay sharing what I like about it.

My wife purchased mine as a Christmas present for me and sent it to Bruce for tuning. I own mine. I feel great sharing about mine as well. Anyone who knows me, knows I shoot Sig products and have for almost as long as I've been shooting. It doesn't take a sponsorship, free guns, subsidizing, etc. for me to share what I like and why I like it. It's been blatantly obvious with me for a long time now