Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320

JGus

Cutting a few coils still helps but it definitely still needs a lighter spring overall. I don't expect GGI to have much available until after Shot Show at this point but I am hoping the flood gates open after that.

How did the trigger come out?

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cutting a few coils still helps but it definitely still needs a lighter spring overall. I don't expect GGI to have much available until after Shot Show at this point but I am hoping the flood gates open after that.

How did the trigger come out?

Does cutting the coils off help only if you are running some lower powered loads, or does it do something for full power, say 115 gr S&B ammo, too? I remember reading that link saying that it helped keep the sights from bouncing so much, but didn't know what kind of ammo they were running or if you noticed any other benefits?

The trigger left my house at 6 lbs. 14 oz, and returned at 4 lbs. 8 oz. and super smooth. I've only had it out to the range once since the work was done, but it's growing on me pretty quick.

As long as it's functional, it doesn't have to be pretty!

The consensus is that the full sized is oversprung anyway you look at it. It still functions just fine but the slide is hitting home with way more force than needed causing the front sight to dip as the gun returns to battery.

I am not sure what the stock spring weight is but 13 or 14 lb should smooth the gun out quite a bit and leave it feeling much less "flippy"

Here's the Sig P320 Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer) and I did.
Work Done:
Robert - Bead Blasted Slide/Trigger/Adjustable Sight work (XD Adjustable Rear/Stock P Series Fiber Optic Front)
Tactical Texture - Texture work
Here are some better pics of the finished product:
wtUGxCZ.jpg
eq1SZXy.jpg
The finished product is pretty much perfect for me, but I might have to try cutting 3 coils off that recoil spring like alma did just in case!

That slide looks great!

Where would you put this texturing in terms of aggressiveness when compared to Hogue's textures (checkered, piranha, chainlink)?

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of Hogues textures. I can tell you that the polymer Sig uses is different than Glock's, so the same texture feels more aggressive with the Sig than any Glock I own.

Work Done:
Robert - Bead Blasted Slide/Trigger/Adjustable Sight work (XD Adjustable Rear/Stock P Series Fiber Optic Front)
wtUGxCZ.jpg
eq1SZXy.jpg
The finished product is pretty much perfect for me, but I might have to try cutting 3 coils off that recoil spring like alma did just in case!

Just take my money already!!

Work Done:
wtUGxCZ.jpg
eq1SZXy.jpg

Just take my money already!!

That is a great looking Sig......

Bruce Gray announced last night that Gray Guns is now accepting P320s for trigger work. He also has his custom P320 rear sight options and the new uncaptured guide rod.

The guide rod is a "fat" design that adds half an ounce even though it's stainless steel. It is designed to allow you to run standard 1911 recoil springs on your P320.

I ordered one from GGI this morning with a 13lb recoil spring and will report back with results once get it. Here is the link for the stainless finish but I black finish is also available on the website.

http://grayguns.com/products/custom-fat-stainless-steel-guide-rod/

Bruce Gray announced last night that Gray Guns is now accepting P320s for trigger work. He also has his custom P320 rear sight options and the new uncaptured guide rod.

The guide rod is a "fat" design that adds half an ounce even though it's stainless steel. It is designed to allow you to run standard 1911 recoil springs on your P320.

I ordered one from GGI this morning with a 13lb recoil spring and will report back with results once get it. Here is the link for the stainless finish but I black finish is also available on the website.

http://grayguns.com/products/custom-fat-stainless-steel-guide-rod/

Alma,

Is the 13 lb standard, or are you using it for reloads? I would like to give one of these a try as well, but didn't know which spring to get.

Any suggestions?

I don't know what the stock weight is but it's pretty heavy (wild guess 18?).

The gun functions fine with my 147 gr reloads but a lighter spring should make the gun feel much less jumpy and reduce the muzzle dip as the slide slams forward.

Assuming Production loads I have heard Bruce say a 13 pound seems perfect but a 14 was also mentioned as a possibility.

I ordered 13 lb as that is about what I used to run on my Glock 34.

I may look to buy a wolf or other brand recoil spring calibration kit. For $32 you can get a kit with a 16.5 Lb factory standard spring, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, & 15 Lb. That would allow my to tune the gun to whatever weight is ideal for my gun and load.

Edited by alma

What Alma said. Recoil spring tuning has a lot to do with the load you are using and the individual shooter. What works for one person may be a pound or two off for the next shooter. Figure out your load and buy a Cal pack. Using 1911 springs will make things super easy to get the springs tuned just right.

I'm running a 13 lb. recoil spring in mine with the GGI guiderod and its perfect for minor PF loads AND standard 9mm loads. Gun tracks amazing and no muzzle dip at all

Tim, is that with 147gr bullets?

Tactical Texture- that is a mighty fine pistol there! I work with Robert and am actually excited that I stumbled over this post! Hope it's shooting well for you!

If anyone else is looking into one of these fine pistols, I highly recommend them! Also, if anyone that gets one is interested in having work done to it, The Sig Armorer is always ready and willing to do the work!

Edited by MrWallace

It's great to see all the support popping up for the P320.

Here is a blog post on the new GGI offerings (trigger jobs, sights, recoil system) for the P320. Comes with lots of pictures

http://grayguns.com/competition-action-package-rear-sight-guide-rod-p320/

looks good, but sights are quite pricey at $170 for a set.

It's great to see all the support popping up for the P320.

Here is a blog post on the new GGI offerings (trigger jobs, sights, recoil system) for the P320. Comes with lots of pictures

http://grayguns.com/competition-action-package-rear-sight-guide-rod-p320/

looks good, but sights are quite pricey at $170 for a set.

I believe that includes installation and zeroing.

Tactical Texture - I really dig the look of your stipple job. How aggressive is your stipple? I'm looking for something at least comparable to standard grip tape.

The Polymer Sig uses on these is pretty tough, so if anything it would feel MORE aggressive than grip tape.

On the carry model (P320C) I actually knock it down since it's so aggressive that carrying it next to bare skin would be painful.

sig-sauer-p320-1.jpg?resize=600x

http://www.all4shooters.com/en/specials/trade-shows-2015/SHOT-show-2015/pistols/sig-sauer-p320/

01/21/2015 - SHOT Show 2015 / SIG SAUER introduces several new variants in the P320 line of semi-automatic pistols
New variants include subcompacts, .45 caliber versions, flat dark earth variants, and optics-ready models
SIG SAUER, Inc. − the north American branch of the well known SIG SAUER GmbH company − expands the modular line of P320 semi-automatic, polymer-framed, striker-fired pistols at the 2015 SHOT Show with the introduction of .45-caliber variants, subcompact models, and two new finish options.
The P320 Compact in .45 ACP caliber utilizes the same modular fire control group as the rest of the P320 family.
With user-selectable grip module sizes, P320 owners can set up their P320 pistols to have the same grip diameter and trigger pull, significantly reducing training time.
The P320 Subcompact places the same fire control module as the Fullsize, Carry, or Compact into a small, easy-to-carry package. Measuring just 6.67" long and 1.06" wide, the Subcompact frame holds 12 rounds of 9mm. It will also accept (15 round) and Fullsize (17 round) magazines. Weighing in at 24.9 ounces with a magazine, the P320 Subcompact is a perfect deep cover or backup option.
As with all P320 pistols, the Subcompact features a modular, one-piece stainless steel frame which is the serialized part. By simply removing the takedown pin, the fire-control module can be converted to accept different size grip modules. In addition, changing the length of barrel and caliber is as easy as field-stripping the gun.
The P320 is available in 9mm, .40 Smith & Wesson, .357 SIG and .45 ACP calibers, and features a crisp, 5.5-6.5 lbs trigger with a short, tactile reset, plus SIGLITE night sights on most models. Also new for this year is the option for the SIG P320 Compact and Carry of raised iron sights and an optics-ready slide for competition uses.
For those wanting to add a little color to their pistol, the P320 Flat Dark Earth (FDE) and Two-Tone FDE offer a break from the standard black polymer pistol. The FDE is completely finished in a PVD flat dark earth finish, with a matching polymer grip module.
The Two-Tone FDE offers the flat dark earth frame, with a Nitron top end. As with all P320 models, slide assemblies and grip modules can be mixed and matched around the same fire-control module, allowing the shooter flexibility, without having to adapt to a different trigge
Edited by alma