Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movin' on up!

Shooter Grrl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Congrats to Matt! I myself just recieved an A Open card. Yes, just days before Nationals.

Thanks to Jake, MM and TT for the superb coaching and classes. Special thanks to Jake for taking the time. I owe you one bro!!

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna brag for a friend of mine:

Rick Simes is now the 16th person to make Production GM. Rick made it by shooting classifiers at Memphis and it only took 18 of them to do it. He started off as a fearsome IDPA shooter, then branched out into USPSA at my urging about a year ago.

Way to go Rick!

Gonna brag for a friend of mine:

Rick Simes is now the 16th person to make Production GM.  Rick made it by shooting classifiers at Memphis and it only took 18 of them to do it.  He started off as a fearsome IDPA shooter, then branched out into USPSA at my urging about a year ago.

Way to go Rick!

couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. good job rick

lynn

• 4 weeks later...
Well, much to my supprise it finially happened. Assuming there isn't a glitch in the USPSA system I have made it to Master class in L-10.

The classifier that I thought was going to go in as an 85% ended up being a 97%, since MM had just got the latest HHF a month before, and I guess they don't take that into account.

Now I really have to get to work to try and shoot like a Master class shooter on a regualr basis.

Trigger T I have watched you shoot and you aare devinitly a "MASTER" Good luck to you in all that you do...........

Uh huh, and when is "the world's most dangerous A class shooter" aka Eric Siepp gonna move up? hmmmmm? <_<

• 2 months later...

Way back in early 2001, when this forum was founded, a fair number of us were shooting in C class. Some of us advanced, some of us advanced all the way to GM (Flex), and I just hung out in C class ---- for 4.5 years. Of course this might have had something to do with refusing to practice or dryfire more than a few days a year, or ignoring the lessons that Kyle and Steve Anderson were freely handing out at the 04 Nationals for more than a year ---- but prompted by those lessons and Dave Marques comments at the 05 Nationals, I decided to be more aggressive. Apparently that was enough to move me into B ---- where I'm sure to get my butt spanked for the next few years......

Today I'm a really happy camper!

(Note to Shred: It's possible to get out of C without practicing; it may be more efficient and gratifying to practice though..... :lol::lol: )

• 1 month later...

I made B in Limited with the February update after being a C for almost 2.5 years. I finally made B in Production with the October update after being a C for 3 years.

Next year I'm aiming for A in Limited and Production, and looking forward to getting classified in Open as I am having a Major 9 pistol built as we speak.

In USPSA, from never having shot a match to D in Limited then to C in Limited. Currently 50.38% and looking to move up to B.

First Open classifier last month, 36.67%. The only Mike of the day was on the classifier, and it really hurt. Hoping to classify initially as C or maybe B.

From never having shot a match in IDPA to Marksman in CDP. Also to Marksman then Sharpshooter in SSP. Got to practice the 20 yard stuff!

From never having shot a steel match to 5th, 6th, 4th, and 8th out of 20 - 30 shooters in the last four matches.

Got promoted twice this month, on the same day.

The nice letter from USPSA told me "....due to your performance at the Texas State Limited, you have been moved from (your sandbagging postion hiding out in) B-Limited to A-Limited..."

The second was the cute little card that said "M-Open" and moved the remaining two "B" (in Revolver and Production) up to "A".

And with that, I'm fleeing the country in three weeks, never to shoot another Classifier. Well, for the next fifteen months at least :)

Alex