Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brake?

Trumpet

Ok,

So my build is slowly coming together, but now I need to decide on a brake. I want one that's really efficient (don't we all), that's not too huge. So far my candidates are....

Surefire

Seekins

PRI MSTN

Dynamic Resistance

JP/Cooley

Now, this is my first precision type AR, so I've not used anything other than the good ole' A2. I would also like one that's not too brutal for the user as well. I like the above listed because they're not too huge.

Thoughts?

Miculek brake is small, effective, AND less expensive than your primary choices. Only semi-drawback is that it is blasty, but my experience as an RO has been that most of the effective ones are. The JP/Cooley seems at least as blasty to me, from the ROs vantage point. Brownell's carries them.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/compensators/ar-15-miculek-comp-prod5573.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15/M4

post-48876-0-93132300-1395277327_thumb.j

Of the ones you have listed, the Seekins and DR are two I like. The DR being lighter.

I am planning a release of the Gas Hog in April, so maybe you decide to wait a few weeks...:)

rolling thunder? Although I haven't done an accuracy test with any of the ones on the list.

but my threshold for "blasty" is a little different as I have a 338 Lapua with a brake and some sbr rifles in a state that doesn't allow suppressors...

I am sure one is out there, but I haven't seen a test report of the more popular brakes tested for precision from one rifle and ammo lot.

the PRI is a nice brake, not too abusive to the shooter

been running the Seekins and like it

I will try the JE Customs new brake as it also serves as a mount for my Templar Tactical suppressor

Of the ones you have listed, the Seekins and DR are two I like. The DR being lighter.

I am planning a release of the Gas Hog in April, so maybe you decide to wait a few weeks... :)

Is that Gas Hog going to be available for .308? And what is the difference between the Gas Hog and the DR?

I am planning a release of the Gas Hog in April, so maybe you decide to wait a few weeks... :)

Is that Gas Hog going to be available for .308? And what is the difference between the Gas Hog and the DR?

Probably not in .308. The Gas hog was conceived as a competition brake with only performance and the allowable dimensions in mind. It is radically different.

I tried the Miculeck, and after shaking my innards apart I bought some others around I realized that they pretty much all do, and eventually came back to the Miculeck- Effective, lighter than most, and comparatively cheap cheap cheap.

You can get them for less than $45 if you shop around. It's a good baseline to compare whatever you switch to in the future.

Probably not in .308. The Gas hog was conceived as a competition brake with only performance and the allowable dimensions in mind. It is radically different.

I know aesthetics shouldn't really matter but how will the gas hog look on a JP medium contour? I'll probably order the .308 DR when the gas hog is available.

I know aesthetics shouldn't really matter but how will the gas hog look on a JP medium contour? I'll probably order the .308 DR when the gas hog is available.

Should look fine. I shot it at SMM3G and I got a lot of "oohs" and "aahs" on it. On stage 2, I doubled while engaging a clay at about 25 yards. The 1st shot broke the clay, the second shot broke a piece of the clay...I was even impressed. Yep, she works well, looks good and lasts a long time.

Should look fine. I shot it at SMM3G and I got a lot of "oohs" and "aahs" on it. On stage 2, I doubled while engaging a clay at about 25 yards. The 1st shot broke the clay, the second shot broke a piece of the clay...I was even impressed. Yep, she works well, looks good and lasts a long time.

Very interested in this. When can we see pics?