Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deltapoint part deux!

Akkid17

What is wrong with the original DP?

The newer one was supposed to

- let you change battery w/o removing unit from gun like original DP

- let you manually set brightness (original DP only has auto sense)

- let you manually turn it on/off (right now you need to put the hood on to force darkness / power off with original DP)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to make of all the news releases, advertising and promotion, for the Deltapoint 2 this year . . . then the sudden back peddling. Why, Guns & Ammo reviewed, and range tested, the Deltapoint 2 back in May! There were full page ads in that same magazine. I'm a subscriber . . . still have that issue! All of a sudden, the product has been discontinued. Hell, it was never released! How do you discontinue a product that never was? Now they have a Deltapoint Pro that will land on store shelves next year.

This is so unlike Leupold that, if I sit here and close my eyes, I see nothing but red flags. I will not be one of the first to purchase a Deltapoint Pro, if and when it becomes available. I say this despite the fact I live and breathe Leupold. A Deltpoint sits on top of my SA XDm open gun. My long range 270 Winchester rifle is topped with a Leupold scope. My favorite Whitetail deer gun, a Ruger (44 maginum) Redhawk, is equipped with a Leupold scope. And, I depend on Leupold to make my old Knight muzzle loader a deadly game taker all the way out to 200 yards.

Here's info from Leupold ...

"During the design and development of the Delta Point 2, technological advancements led to feature improvements which were incorporated into the Delta Point Pro. These innovations in the Delta Point Pro superseded those in the Delta Point 2 and made the DP2 redundant to the robust, feature rich DP Pro. Leupold will be fulfilling our US Military and Law Enforcement customers first and will make the Delta Point Pro commercially available March of 2015. In the interim, the Delta Point will be made available for the commercial market."

• 5 weeks later...

Matt Cheely makes a nice mount, Arredondo also makes a really cool mount. Others also make custom mounts, JV Dynamics makes custom mounts when ordered he will make one. Hope this helps.

Edited by a matt

I'll be interested in seeing the Deltapoint pro, but at $100 increase it's getting into the Trijicon price range. I don't know how they compare but my thinking is the Trijicon might be a tad tougher than the DP. I had been holding off on a red dot sight since the DPII was announced guess I'll wait a little longer to see the Pro version.

Matt Cheely makes a nice mount, Arredondo also makes a really cool mount. Others also make custom mounts, JV Dynamics makes custom mounts when ordered he will make one. Hope this helps.

Is Matt making one for the deltapoint now?

No I was waiting for the Pro version to come out incase they change anything about how it mounts. The latest scope mount design I'm working on will have a mounting platform that is sized to fit many different small scopes, so we'll be able to make a small change to the programming to make it fit different scopes.

Is Matt making one for the deltapoint now?

No I was waiting for the Pro version to come out incase they change anything about how it mounts. The latest scope mount design I'm working on will have a mounting platform that is sized to fit many different small scopes, so we'll be able to make a small change to the programming to make it fit different scopes.

Sounds good! Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

Did you notice that the dot is listed at 2.5 moa instead of the current 3.5?

Yeah I saw that... I'd like to see what that 2.5 actually looks like. It appears that the larger dot is only available as a triangle, I have the 3.5 dot at the moment and I think thats an ideal size for me.

Says that the 1 moa adjustments do away with the lock screws, but pics look like it still has the lock screws ???

I suspect those 'lock screws' are used in construction to hold the plate in place, which means they would be locked down the whole time, even during adjustment.